Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back from Morocco, Explore The Charm of Morocco
mozilla
post Jun 14 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 198326

Hello, My sister and I have just come back from the camel trekking tour with Bari and it was FANTASTIC. I highly recommend it. It takes in all the places you mention. He picked us up from our Riad in Marrakech in a 4 wheel drive. There was another couple with us in the vehicle, plus a minibus behind with 2 families. Bari travelled in our 4 wheel drive and was great at answering all our questions about Morocco. He took us to nice places for lunch and the hotel at Dades Gorge was a delight. He stopped off at all the good views, so we could take photos. He advised on what things should cost to help us barter for fossils and minerals and scarves in the Atlas Mountains and the plains.
My mind is still reeling from all the vivid impressions - site sound taste fragrance...
Morocco depends on its tourist trade,its toursist guide/driver so you'll see other 4 wheel drives - not much else on the road apart from donkeys- and when you get to base camp in the Sahara at Erg Chebbi you'll see other camel caravans. But the place is so huge and exciting it doesn't matter a bit. The dunes swallow us all up!
For someone not used to camel trekking, the hour and a half to our night camp was just about the right length, and I felt quite the old hand the next morning on our return- sad because I would have liked to spend a few days out there really.Bari does do longer trekks if you want by the way- I had to get back to work here in London, so did the 2 nights/3 days. Mint tea was waiting for us at the camp and loads of blankets and mattresses and cushions to keep us warm and comfy. The evening light was brilliant for watching the desert change before your eyes and the night sky - well, it was silver with stars. I just lay back and drank it all in. He employs a Berber family to keep the camp and cook. Delicious chicken tajine - or vegetable if you're vegitarian. The two camel drivers came out to light a fire and play their drums later - Bari joined them in drumming and invited us to have a go too, before telling us jokes and setting us mental puzzles. He really was an excellent host - personable, quiet, calm,so funny, good humoured. Although there were 13 of us, it felt very intimate.
I booked it with him via his site on the internet:
You are the Most welcome with Bari
www.saharaeyes.com
Juny
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jun 15 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Journeyer

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 17335

sounds pretty good!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wanttoseeitall
post Jun 16 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 198508

WOW! blow.gif

--------------------
Wantoseeitall

Sharon
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:42 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.