Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Santorini Accommodation - Help!
where.is.cass
post May 25 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 946441

Hello!

So I have a little problem I was hoping someone may be able to help with. I am leaving this weekend to go to Europe (starting in Italy) and the accommodation I was organising for Santorini has fallen through. I had sent a reservation request to Youth Hostel Oia around 1 month ago and have had no response. And their answering machine says they are closed for the season and open May 1 (which has passed). unsure.gif

So my question is can anyone recommend accommodation for me in Santorini in a similar price range? And with fairly easy access to the rest of the island? And does anyone know what is happening with Youth Hostel Oia?

Thank-you in advance!!!
Cassie. curtsey.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
annabrook
post May 26 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1026221

QUOTE(paroshep @ May 25 2010, 11:40 PM) *

Hi Cassie,
The following is from "brotherleelove" who participates in some other travel forums:

The Youth Hostel is closed for some renovations and I don't know when they're going to reopen. I've sent them an email but haven't received an answer yet. You need to tell "where.is.cass" to look elsewhere. On Perissa Beach there's the Youth Hostel Anna and in the main village of Fira is Santorini Camping, where they rent a few cheap rooms. Tell her to also have a look at Villa Fotini in Firostefani, one of the few places I know that's still affordable. These all have websites.

By the way, the island is quite small so any of these have access to the bus line and the rest of the island. You either chose to stay at the beach and travel to town or stay in town and travel to the beach. frantics.gif

Cheers,

You can have a look here for hotels in Santorini - www.santorini-hotels.info or www.travel-zone-greece.com

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
where.is.cass
post May 26 2010, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Thank-you so much for your help paroshep and annabrook! It has helped alot! jump.gif

Also paroshep I was thinking of coming to Paros for a day and night (arriving night of 16th and leaving day of 17th) before I go to Santorini (to stay the 17th and 18th and leave arvo of 19th). Do you think I am trying to squeeze too much in? hyper.gif

Thanks again!
Cassie. curtsey.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
annabrook
post May 26 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1026221

[quote name='where.is.cass' date='May 26 2010, 03:47 AM' post='390151']
Thank-you so much for your help paroshep and annabrook! It has helped alot! jump.gif

Thanks again!
Cassie. curtsey.gif
[/quotI

Am happy that it helped you! Have a nice time in Santorini!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
where.is.cass
post May 27 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #5

Option 2 for sure. I don't want it to be too hectic and risk not enjoying myself.

Thanks for you help!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:26 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.