Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hostels in Istanbul, Where to stay
evamaria85
post Jun 9 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 1099

This summer I'm going on a tour from Istanbul to Cairo, before the tour start a have a few days on my own in Istanbul. I havn't been to Istanbul, or Turkey, before and would therefor like to make the most of my time. So, does anyone know a good hostel in Istanbul, either a REALLY good hostel, or a good hostel, with a central location?
Thanks,

Best,
Eva Maria
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jun 9 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

My friend is actually going to Istanbul this summer too, and he's staying at the Orient Youth Hostel and Sultan Youth Hostel. I don't know how good they are though...because he hasn't been yet!

He will be there Aug. 1-6, is that when you're going?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
garret
post Jul 2 2009, 04:33 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 284382

My favorite vacation destination is Istanbul, Turkey.. It is one of the provinces that best illustrates this aspect of the Marmara region. Thanks to the constant very humid climate of Istanbul, An increase in mediterranean flora is observed in the warmer areas to the south of the city especially on the Princes' Islands, is the only place in Istanbul with a mediterranean vegetation...

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sunshinecarly
post Jul 25 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 290100

There is a street in Sultanamet with a whole line of hostels I think they are all pretty similar, most have a bar out the front where you can smoke some shisha and rooftop areas. We stayed at Southern Cross hostel which was nice enough, easy walking distance to the Mosques and Grand Bazzar and things. I just booked through one of those hostel booking sites

QUOTE(evamaria85 @ Jun 9 2008, 02:55 PM) *

This summer I'm going on a tour from Istanbul to Cairo, before the tour start a have a few days on my own in Istanbul. I havn't been to Istanbul, or Turkey, before and would therefor like to make the most of my time. So, does anyone know a good hostel in Istanbul, either a REALLY good hostel, or a good hostel, with a central location?
Thanks,

Best,
Eva Maria

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
manzara
post Jul 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #5

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
From: Çeşme, Western Turkey. One of Turkey's best-kept secrets
Member No.: 262135

QUOTE(sunshinecarly @ Jul 25 2009, 10:04 AM) *

There is a street in Sultanamet with a whole line of hostels I think they are all pretty similar, most have a bar out the front where you can smoke some shisha and rooftop areas.

I think the area you are thinking of is around Sultanahmet and so close to the major sites. A high concentration of hostels and cheaper accommodation can be found in and around Yerebatan Caddesi and Akbiyik Caddesi. Rooms can also be found in the older and more atmospheric backstreets of Cankurtanan, between the Hippodrome and the sea.

--------------------
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Lao-tzy, Chinese Philosopher (604 - 531 BC)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ares19a
post Aug 29 2009, 08:02 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 304051

Cordial House is a bit of ot the crazy touristic spot of Sultanahmet but it still has a great central location, right between Grand Bazaar and the Blue Mosque.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:02 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.