Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you need any help
emile0867
post Jun 5 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 193778
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi every body,
If you need any help or information about Laos... don't hesitate to post your question, I will try my best to answer.
Best Regard
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jun 5 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Thanks for the offer, emile!
Would you like to become the Local Expert for Laos? Read about it here, and let me know if you are interested:

http://www.travelpod.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5816

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jun 6 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

Cheers Emily, I may be in touch at some point..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emile0867
post Jun 30 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #4

No problem, there are daily flight from Vientiane to Phnom Penh and at least 4 or 5 flights per week from Vientiane to Siem Reap.

You can apply for the Cambodian visa at the airport upon arrival.

You can also go through Bangkok... and for most of nationality, you do not need a visa for thailand.... you will get a free acces visa valid for 30 days.

Good luck
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emile0867
post Jun 30 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #5

If you even don't want to go to Bangkok, I eman going outside the airport, in such case no... no need for visa, you will stay within the airport in transit area.

If you want to visit Bangkok there is also the possibility to have a "transit visa for 12h" at the aiport.

Regards
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pauls_pad2002
post Jul 7 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #6

Wanderer

Member No.: 157116

hey i ahve to go somewhere to get my 94 day trip down to 90 days in thailand so im having to head off to somewhere as when i came here for 2 hrs they gave me a 30days friggin stamp so it counts as one day..so nayway look slike lao is my best option as i ahve to be away 5 nights al together so im thinking a quick trip to ventiene luang prabang then across to the western border with thailand at huay xai i think.....now when u enter thailand at chong will i get a nother 30day stamp or are they not issueing them there as i hear they dont issue visas there at all or is that for tourist 60 days as im on visa free country so get the standard 30days....any info also about that trip and costs wud be great ive done lao but went the other way to vietnam so not sure of costs like guesthouses transports stuff like that...any links of info wud be great cheers
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mekongnam
post Jul 10 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 210664

hi emile, yes I do have an important question about Vientiene Im hoping u can help me with. Im living in Thailand and I cant get my hydrocodone prescription sent to me from the US. its almost impossible for me to get similiar med. in Thailand due to govt action by taskin a few years ago. people have told me its available in Cambodia and Laos. I live close to Vientiene so that would be my best option if what they say is true. would u know if codeine type pain meds are available by prescription there? this is no joke. due to repetive sports trauma to my lower spine I have been diagnosed w degenerative spinal condition both in US and Thailand. I ran out of my script about 2 months ago and have been taking too much tramadol. its not nearly as effective at keeping me going for the day. the chronic pain wears me down and I do need to find out where this type med is available near Thailand. Im a pro photographer and im not ready to lay around all day in early retirement. thanks for any info on this subject. im really fuked up but dont want to go under the knife if i can help it. mekongnam
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
johnbonjer
post Sep 24 2008, 04:01 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 243731

QUOTE(emile0867 @ Jun 5 2008, 06:31 AM) *

Hi every body,
If you need any help or information about Laos... don't hesitate to post your question, I will try my best to answer.
Best Regard

Hello
I'd love some advice. I'm planning to go to Laos in mid Dec or mid January for around 6 weeks. I'm thinking of going immediately north from Huay Xai to say Muang Nam Tha as far as possible by up-river. Is that possible? After visiting the north then, south to Luang Prabang - again partly by river. Is that the best way scenically or is it better to go down river from Huay Xai to Luang Parabang - and then north?
Also, is there a way to get from Pnom Pehn to Thailand by bus? or alternatively from Laos to Pnom Pehn?
I appreciate any help.
John Bonjer
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Sep 24 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #9

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 124

Both will give you great scenery though if you're into trekking you may want to stop off in Luang Nam Tha, a great unspoiled spot and good for getting into the thick of things.

Both river routes are scenically pleasing, just depends on how far north you want to get..

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
johnbonjer
post Sep 25 2008, 03:51 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 243731

QUOTE(ScottWoz @ Sep 24 2008, 09:35 AM) *

Both will give you great scenery though if you're into trekking you may want to stop off in Luang Nam Tha, a great unspoiled spot and good for getting into the thick of things.

Both river routes are scenically pleasing, just depends on how far north you want to get..

Thanks Scott. Yep - will do some trekking for sure.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
emile0867
post Mar 19 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(jasonbond @ Mar 19 2010, 01:36 PM) *

How can I fly from Laos into Cambodia???
Do I have to go through Bangkok???
If I do a connection in Bangkok when going from Laos to Cambodia, do I need a Visa?

Hi,
You can travel from Vientiane to either Siem Reap or Phnom Penh with Lao airlines see the schedule : http://www.laoairlines.com/flights/interna...t-schedule.html
No need a visa prior to enter Cambodia. You will be able to apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport.

So you do not need to pass through BKK, but could be cheaper !
For example easy and cheap to go to BKK either by bus or train, or even by low cost flight (AirAsia or NokAir, from Udon Thani). And from Bangkok you can flight via AirAsia from BKK to Phnom Penh.
Cheaper but longer, therefore cost of food and guest house.... at the end might be similar, it is really depending if you like to pass trought BKK.
In BKK, no need a visa if you are european.
All the best
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:20 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Laos

Ban Khiet Ngong Hotels
Ban Laongam Hotels
Ban Nahin Hotels
Ban Napeng Hotels
Ban Xieng Lom Hotels
Champasak Hotels
Champasak Hotels
Don Kho Hotels
Don Khone Hotels
Don Khong Hotels
Dondet Hotels
Hongsa Hotels
Houei Xai Hotels
Huay Xai Hotels
Lak Sao Hotels
Luang Namtha Hotels
Luang Prabang Hotels
Muang Khammouan Hotels
Muang Khong Hotels
Muang Khua Hotels
Muang La Hotels
Muang Ngoi Neua Hotels
Muang Pakxong Hotels
Muang Sing Hotels
Muang Xay Hotels
Nong Khiaw Hotels
Pak-Lay Hotels
Pakbeng Hotels
Paksan Hotels
Pakse Hotels
Phongsaly Hotels
Phonsavan Hotels
Savannakhet Hotels
Sayaboury Hotels
Thalat Hotels
Vang Vieng Hotels
Vientiane Hotels
Xam Neua Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.