Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Kuwait Visa
raniroo
post Jun 4 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Sightseer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 19411

Does anybody know of the visa process for Kuwait. I have heard that you need to be sponsored to visit, however have also read that UK passport holders can obtain a visa on entry. Just wandering that might be the same for Australian passport holders?

I cannot seem to find a website for Kuwait embassies and all the tourism sites suggest sponsorship?

--------------------
If you really look like your passport photo, you need the holiday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
inasia2008
post Jun 4 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

I found this, it may help!

Kuwait Passport & Visa Requirements

Visa Agencies: Avoid the stress and queues, get a visa agency to arrange your visa.
Travel Visa Pro, San Francisco, USA. 1-888-470-8472 or www.TravelVisaPro.com
Global Visas, London, UK. 0207 190 3903 or www.globalvisas.com

Entry requirements for Australians: Australians must have a passport. A visa is available on arrival for up to three months.

I think this is the same as Bahrain and the rest of the Middle East, basically you can get a VISA of up to 3 months upon landing, but this does not allow you to take up employment! So far as I know, and this is true for everyone (having lived there for 2 years) that you only need a sponsor if you are going to work there, and the company undertakes the process of getting you a VISA from the government offices. But apart from that, you don't need a sponsor just for visiting! I did find that in Bahrain when I landed there was a charge of BD5 for VISA purposes, so I would check this, but I didn't have this in Dubai or Abu Dhabi! See note below....

Passport/Visa Note: All travellers must have documents and tickets for onward or return travel. Those requiring a visa may obtain one on arrival for a fee of up to 5 dinars, provided they hold sufficient funds to cover their intended stay. Visas may also be obtained prior to departure.

Note: Passport and visa requirements are liable to change at short notice. Travellers are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 04:23 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Kuwait

Dasman Hotels
Farwaniya Hotels
Hawalli Hotels
Jahra Hotels
Julai'a Hotels
Kuwait City Hotels
Salmiyah Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.