Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nashville Flood 2010
big_red_truck
post May 14 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
From: In the process of moving, but Currently in...Huntsville, AL
Member No.: 97423

Huckabmm,

How did you fare in the flood? My wife and I are moving to Nashville, closing on a house on May 24th. We're moving right into downtown near the Farmer's Market, but luckily our place didn't get flooded so we can still move in. Do you know of many other Travelpodders in the Nashville area to try to get some people together?

-Bill

--------------------
Currently traveling the world for work...with a few extra fiddleybits thrown in to keep it new...it's the cheapest way to go!!!

Quote from my friend Chuck, who spent 5 months riding his bicycle all the way around the USA - "Nobody says you have to order an entree in the restaurant of life, you'll only be here once! Order the sampler, try as many as you can before you're full; odds are one (of) the items on this menu does more for you than you ever thought. And if I'm wrong, tell the waiter that his menu sucks, throw the cook aside and invent your own masterpiece. Just pour 'em all in, all your favorite ingredients. With enough imagination, any combination will work -- there are no recipes for the paths still awaiting discovery."

Most current Travelogue - Click Here

My Travelogues - Click Here

Our Couchsurfing profile
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
huckabmm
post Jun 3 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 264395

Hey Bill,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now.

I am so glad your place wasn't flooded! Congrats on the closing. I live out in Green Hills and there were some neighbors that had basements flood, but luckily I was spared. Still... it was a rough couple of days.

Have you seen the pictures of the Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills Mall? There are also some eerie shots of LP field and 2nd/Broadway.

As for other TravelPoder's in town, I'm not sure...as far as I know I'm the only one. Are you interested in maybe grabbing a beer some time? I see from your profile you're an engineer...my friends and I are all engineers and we frequent The Flying Saucer quite a bit...PM me if you're interested in joining!

Since you're new to Nashville you should really check out this guide - it's one of the best I've seen for an all around list of stuff to do!

All the best,

--------------------
-Matt

"Be a traveler, not a tourist."
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Give Life

My upcoming trips:
1. A week at the Outer Banks, NC; June '10
2. Somewhere in South America, Early 2011
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:58 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.