Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If you visit South Korea, why don't you visit Jebudo?, beautiful island in South Korea
83stellar
post May 28 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 189532
Nominate me as a Local Expert

sweat.gif Jebudo, the jewel in the west sea of Kore

Surrounded by sea, Korea has many islands. Regardless of size, all these islands have their own unique charm as well. However, Iíd like to specially recommend Jebudo where I had such a wonderful time with my best friends last winter. This wonderful island, about two hours drive west of Seoul, has many interesting things to do. In Jebudo, you must get unforgettable memory like I did.
IPB Image
One of the most fascinating things about Jebudo would have to be the sea between the mainland and the island. It opens up twice a day everyday and reveals an expansive mud field. Now, there is a paved road across the mud, so you can travel to the island either on foot or by car. Even though it was extremely cold when my friends and I were there, we were so excited that we were passing through the dry sea. Anyone hoping to witness the parting sea like Moses did in the Bible can see the miracle in Jebudo.
Another wonderful pleasure in Jebudo is the food. I am sure trying the local food can be intimidating for anyone who visits Korea for the first time. However, if you decide to be adventurous and flexible, Jebudo would be a good starting point. Along the beautiful beach, there are many casual and cozy restaurants where you can enjoy fresh clams and healthy vegetables with tasty noodles. If you want to taste something more special, you may love grilled prawns which a cook brings still alive to your table and grills right in front of you. You can taste the deep flavor of fresh prawns looking at the beautiful scenery and feeling the gentle sea breeze.
IPB Image
Now that you are full, it is the time to enjoy digging up clams on the mud flats. From young children to seniors, everyone seems to enjoy searching for and digging up clams. If you are visiting Jebudo with your children, it would also be a good chance for you to teach them the variety of living creatures on the mud and the importance of protecting nature. You donít need to bring any tools for this activity because you can easily rent a hoe, long boots and even a straw hat that will protect you against the sun from any of the stores along the beach for about one dollar each. We, four attractive women wearing straw hats and silly long boots, enjoyed digging up clams like children even if it was winter. We played with mud and took fabulous pictures on the mud creating our own memories. So, you can also fully enjoy yourself making unforgettable memories with friends, families, or anyone you love.
IPB Image
Another attraction of Jebudo is Maebawi, a cluster of three rock formations that look like a falcon. The sunset at Maebawi is definitely not to be missed. When the sun sinks down and beautifully colors the sky with its glow, it will take your breath away. The scenery is really beyond description. Ever after watching the sunset at Maebawi, I havenít seen such a beautiful sunset on the Korean Peninsula again.
Now popular with locals and international visitors, Jebudo offers everyone something unforgettable. Anyone who visits the island must be allured by its unique attractions. Whether you enjoy taking a walk along the seashore, digging up clams, fishing, trying local foods, or watching the beautiful sunset at Maebawi, a visit to Jebudo will provide you with a great chance to escape from your tired routines and to reconnect yourself with the nature.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post May 28 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Glad you had such a great time, do you live in Korea?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
83stellar
post Jun 3 2008, 02:43 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 189532
Nominate me as a Local Expert

QUOTE(starlagurl @ May 28 2008, 09:23 AM) *

Glad you had such a great time, do you live in Korea?

Sorry... somewhat lazy ㅜ.ㅜ
I live in Seoul, Korea.
Have you ever been in Korea?
Or Are you interested in Koeran culture? ^^
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jun 3 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Nope, I've never been to Korea, but I have THREE friends who have taught in South Korea.

I also love to eat kim chi and Korean barbecue.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:43 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.