Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visiting Malta - tips wanted on Bugibba and Scuba please, Malta
charlotte
post May 3 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 6874

Hello ,

I have planned a trip to Malta very soon for 5 days, I really cannot wait.

We are staying in the Bugibba area so any advice on interesting things to see or do when we are there would be great. We are a group of young people going and want to see the culture as well as explore the nightlife so all tips welcome.

Also I read a lot about Malta and also Gozo being great places to do scuba, I would like to go for at least 2 of my 5 days, I have my PADI already so just ideas welcome on what areas to dive or companies to go with.

thanks
Charlotte

--------------------
Charlotte Joyce
Mojito Girl
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
travelmonster
post May 4 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 101826

Hi Charlotte

I don't know anything about the diving side, but here are a few ideas for the cultural side:

The Hypogeum in Paola is an interesting place to visit, its a UNESCO World Heritage site and you can find out more information about it here: Hypogeum info

It is true what wiki says about it getting booked up quickly - particularly in peak season, so if you want to book online, you can do that here: Hypogeum

Mdina is also worth a visit Mdina

We took a daytrip over to Gozo, it's a beautiful island. The ferry is situated in Cirkewwa on Malta and its really easy, only takes about half an hour to cross over and you can just turn up and buy a ticket for the next ferry. We went in February though, so there may be a slightly longer wait in full season I guess.

Hope you have a great time.

--------------------
In Search Of ...........

"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment sparkling like a star in our hand -- and melting like a snowflake" - Marie Beynon Ray
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
antoine99
post Sep 18 2012, 05:24 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2686223
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Diving in Gozo is fantastic, just check out the places. I know i am late with my reply but this is for your returning trip smile.gif

http://www.malta.com/en/attraction/diving/diving-site/gozo

QUOTE(travelmonster @ May 4 2010, 03:08 AM) *

Hi Charlotte

I don't know anything about the diving side, but here are a few ideas for the cultural side:

The Hypogeum in Paola is an interesting place to visit, its a UNESCO World Heritage site and you can find out more information about it here: Hypogeum info

It is true what wiki says about it getting booked up quickly - particularly in peak season, so if you want to book online, you can do that here: Hypogeum

Mdina is also worth a visit Mdina

We took a daytrip over to Gozo, it's a beautiful island. The ferry is situated in Cirkewwa on Malta and its really easy, only takes about half an hour to cross over and you can just turn up and buy a ticket for the next ferry. We went in February though, so there may be a slightly longer wait in full season I guess.

Hope you have a great time.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:57 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.