Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 days of sightseeing in china - Guilin and Guangzhou travel question
spittie
post Apr 17 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 927411
Nominate me as a Local Expert

I am from india and will be in Guangzhou for the the canton fair. then i will be going to Shenzen for another fair. Then in between this time and the last fair I wish to go to(also in guangzhou)i have two days. So basically only 2 days of sightseeing on my first ever visit to China!!!!What place could i visit?I was thinking about guilin.Please advice. Also any other tips would be most welcome!!!I am a hindu vegetarian...so kind of dreading the food there!!!!Planning to make guangzhou the base and moving to and from to other places.All tips wlecome.
Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bob8888
post Apr 17 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Wayfarer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 50553

Yes go to Guilin and then take the boat down to Yangshuo. If you can spend a day or two in Yangshuo there are many things to see here. Also you can find Vegetarian places to eat all over china. Not a big deal. If you do have a chance to spend a night in Yangshuo go by 18 Binjian rd BOB'S along the river north of west street. Every evening we have Open talks with lots of Chinese students and it is a great way to find out more about china. Usually from 19:00 to 22:00.
Bob
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bob8888
post Apr 21 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Wayfarer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 50553

Yes Guilin particularly Yangshuo is a great place to wind down from your trip to china. It is slow and easy. Many great places to eat and things to do.
when you are there you can stop by Bob's any evening and meet Chineses students and locals all wanting to practice their oral English. A great way to learn and hear about the real china and meet the people from many part of China party.gif .
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hkhero
post Jul 5 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1127901
Nominate me as a Local Expert

As for Shenzhen, heres some must-visit places

Splendid China
is an attraction at the overseas Chinese Town, There are cars and trains to transport visitors around the park, making it possible to visit the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, Temple of heaven, Three Gorges Dam, Potala Palace and the Terracotta Army in one day.

China Folk Culture Villages
the first spot in China where you can learn of t he folk cultures of China. In the village, you will see the distinctive architecture of ethnic groups and join their brilliant festivals. Buying some handicrafts or tasting local snacks is another way to experience the China Folk Culture Village.

Shenzhen Window of the World
a fantastic replica part situated at the Overseas Chinese Town. kids will love this cause they can see a tiny version of the whole world with all the historical buildings and attractions from all over the world.

China South City
I believe not many people know of this place because it take around 30 minutes from CBD to there. But it doesnt mean China South City is not worthy to visit. If you love shopping and enjoy the moment away from city, you should definitely visit China South City. There you can find clothing and leather products in inexpensive price and you can always bargain for a cheaper price.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:50 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.