Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Be careful in France
nimoo
post Apr 14 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 922061

I had ever worked in France with my workmates for two months this year.
………
On 18 Aug,we drove a car(BMW118, rent from the SIXT at airport)with my three workmates to Provence of South France- Marseilles,Toulon,and Nice then to Saint Tropez,Arles,Nimes and Avignon for a vacation tour.
At about 20:00 we had just arrived in Nice,19 Aug ,we parked the car at the road by the beach,but,after we swam in the sea 30min later,we found that our car's right rear window was hit broken,all of our baggages in the rear hatchback were stolen,all of our passports ,cash-thousands of EURO and USD—that is our living expenses in France ,.....,and my three professional Nikon cameras -F4s+AFS17-35(Film) and D90+AFS18-105kit(Digital) )、Panasonic LX2—the total value is about 4000EURO ,my SONY laptop for work—the value is 1380ERUO,movable harddisk with all my digital photoes in recent 8 years,the other three man’s SONY DV(digital video) ,the value is 600EURO,and cameras,all of our work licenses and Badges in France ,Drive License,air tickets of Air France ,work invite letter,insurance bill and the other work and private documents,the tax refund cheque of the LV and SWAROVSKI stores of Paris and the other city… ....,My God!
All the value of our baggages is more than 20000EURO.
We called the Police Station of Nice city immediately,but the policemen would not come to the beach,and there was not any one patrol policemen at the beach,there is not any one monitor camera(video) at the crossroad there.
One local French man guided us to the Police Station.There were so many foreign tourists from England and other countries were stolen in Nice city were waiting to report .Waited until to about 0:00 ,one policeman asked me enter all the messages about us in the computer-my name ,post address,what we lost .....,and then,the policeman printed a lost report(declaration) to us ,and asked us to leave away , and would not listen to me any one word more(Because we wanted to told them that the work Badges of us in France are very important ),the attitude of the policemen is discourteous and impatient .They didn’t care about where and how we were stolen.
At midnight,we went back to the beach road to search our licenses,Badges and passports maybe left behind by the thieves in the bosk and wastebin,but there was nothing.
The second day ,we went to the Consulate at Marseilles to get our temporary tour passport,the Consul General told us there are at least one or two cases with foreigners were stolen or plundered in Marseilles and Nice every week.
the Consul General lend 500EURO to us ,so we could drove back .We return the money one week later
And,one of my workmate’ baggages was ever plundered on the Metro train of Paris.
One of my friend’bagpack was ever stolen at a business exhibition in Paris.
Some of our craft brother were ever stolen all the living expenses for two months at the Airport De Gaulle of Paris.
We will annunciate and publicize the safe caution to foreigners who will go to France ,Paris or Marseilles and Nice for tour and work or business on some travel or photograph websites or forums on the internet all over the world. So the foreigners to France can avoid be stolen.
Be careful with yourself in France ,specially driving a rental car.ranting2.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nimoo
post Apr 28 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #2

—"......Visitors should also be aware that their rental-car license plates often signal that they are tourists. Many of France's rental cars are registered in the Marne region for cost reasons and therefore have license-plate numbers ending with 51. Those who rent such cars should avoid leaving their belongings in a car whenever possible."
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nimoo
post Aug 18 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #3

At that night,we were on our way through the beach road of Nice to the hotel which one of my French friend in Toulon booked on the internet for us ,more than 10km out of Nice City,cause it was tour season.So we parked the car at the beach road firstlly,I made a big mistake.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nimoo
post Mar 10 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #4

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1871..._de_France.html
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:35 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.