Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travel to Molle, Sweden - Molle travel question
wjayandran
post Apr 11 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 914721
Nominate me as a Local Expert

My wife and her sister are planning to attend a wedding at Molle, Sweden in August. Can anyone advise the best way to get there by air and train or ferry from Singapore via London, Amsterdam,or Copenhagen ?
Thanks very much for your kind advice.
Walter Jayandran
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
veliaze
post Apr 29 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 947031

QUOTE(wjayandran @ Apr 11 2010, 10:27 PM) *

My wife and her sister are planning to attend a wedding at Molle, Sweden in August. Can anyone advise the best way to get there by air and train or ferry from Singapore via London, Amsterdam,or Copenhagen ?
Thanks very much for your kind advice.
Walter Jayandran

Well, from Copenhagen you basically have two choices.
1. Train from Copenhagen (DK) to Helsingör (DK) and then Ferry to Helsingborg(Swe).
From Helsingborg, unless someone is picking you guys up, you have to take the bus to Höganäs and then to Mölle. One trip is about 2hrs.
2. Train from Copenhagen (DK) to Helsingborg through Malmö(Swe), and then the same buses as above. about 2,5hrs

Both trips will have its charm and it all depends on if you will have some "left-over days".
Helsingör on the danish side is a small charming village and the ferry across Öresund takes about 20mins.
The train from Copenhagen airport to Malmö will also be an experience. Starting from underneath the airport you will travel directly across the öresundsbron onto Malmö and Helsingborg. On your way to Malmö you can not miss the world known landmark Turning Torso, a 200m tall twisted building which we are very proud of smile.gif

Prices
The exact prices for suggestion 1 was even hard for me to find, but as I could see it would be about 175DKK to helsingör and about 100SEK for ferry and bus to Mölle.

Suggestion 2 would cost about 230 SEK.
Sorry for mixing the currency, but a common rule is that 1 SEK is 1,3 DKK and $1 is about 7,5 SEK, now you do the math smile.gif...

Some links:
www.skanetrafiken.se - timetables and prices for trains/buses in southern sweden
www.dsb.dk - The danish counterpart (very poor site in english tho)
www.skane.com - Offical site of Scania
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wjayandran
post Apr 29 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Thank you very much sir. I am glad you have suggested the trip via Malmo. It would mean taking only the train and bus. My wife and her sister are in their sixties and less transfers and changes would be better for them. Thank you also for the price guide anf the useful links.

Could I ask if the journey time from Copenhagen airport to Helsingborg would be about 3 hrs or more?

Best Regards and once again, I appreciate your kind advice.
Walter
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
veliaze
post May 4 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 947031

QUOTE(wjayandran @ Apr 29 2010, 09:13 PM) *

Thank you very much sir. I am glad you have suggested the trip via Malmo. It would mean taking only the train and bus. My wife and her sister are in their sixties and less transfers and changes would be better for them. Thank you also for the price guide anf the useful links.

Could I ask if the journey time from Copenhagen airport to Helsingborg would be about 3 hrs or more?

Walter

Train from Copenhagen airport through Malmö to Helsingborg would take about 1h15min to 1h40min. Currently there are major constructions on Malmö Central station, and the rail to and from the station which means that there are currently much less tracks available for the trains coming to Malmö. This construction will go on until december this year, when a new underground track to/from the Öresundsbron (bridge between Sweden and denmark) will be ready.

This means that on some trains you would have to change train in Lund thus taking a bit longer to get to Helsingborg. The direct train from copenhagen airport to Helsingborg departures about once every hour. However, this may change until august depending on how the work on malmö grand central. I might be able to find out when they will open all tracks on the station again since this will most probably make your travelling a tad easier in the sense that more trains will go direct to Helsingborg without any transer in Lund.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wjayandran
post May 5 2010, 04:15 AM
Post #5

This is great information for new travelers like us. Thank you.

Walter
[/quote]

Train from Copenhagen airport through Malmö to Helsingborg would take about 1h15min to 1h40min. Currently there are major constructions on Malmö Central station, and the rail to and from the station which means that there are currently much less tracks available for the trains coming to Malmö. This construction will go on until december this year, when a new underground track to/from the Öresundsbron (bridge between Sweden and denmark) will be ready.

This means that on some trains you would have to change train in Lund thus taking a bit longer to get to Helsingborg. The direct train from copenhagen airport to Helsingborg departures about once every hour. However, this may change until august depending on how the work on malmö grand central. I might be able to find out when they will open all tracks on the station again since this will most probably make your travelling a tad easier in the sense that more trains will go direct to Helsingborg without any transer in Lund.
[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:15 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.