Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what should i bring and how much should i bring??? - Seoul travel question
sprinkles
post Apr 1 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 889651
Nominate me as a Local Expert

What should i bring on my trip to Seoul? im going to be there for about 2 weeks with my friend that is stationed over there... we are going to stay at a hotel... and i have not clue what to bring... or how much money i should bring for food and buying random stuff... what do you think?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
missyjoymel
post Apr 1 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #2

Wayfarer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 128451

Hello! Hmmm... Though we should be well into Spring Time here in Korea, we seem to be having a late winter! You're coming soon?? If you come with in the next few weeks, I would say, bring clothes for slightly chilly weather. Nothing TOO heavy, but it's still been pretty chilly at night. Not full-on winter clothes or anything. I'm in Busan (down south), and I'm still wearing leggings under my jeans, and my winter jacket--but the need for scarves has been hit and miss. We're hoping Spring will spring any day now smile.gif

If you're coming around May, expect nice, sun-shiny, spring-like weather. June-August it's hot and humid. Who knows with this global warming thing though. It's been all wacky these days...

If you have curling/straightening irons, you should bring a converter. If you're particular about shampoo/conditioner, you may want to pack some yourself, but there's plenty to be found here if you're not particular on brand. There are a few you'll recognize as well.

Depending on what you plan to do while you're there, bring walking shoes.

Seoul is good for shopping if you can fit into Korean sizes. 10-12 are pushing it here, depending on body type. If your shoe size is no bigger than 8, then you can buy shoes here easily.

Food and taxis are cheap relative to most places. NOT South East Asia cheap, but definitely compared to anything in Europe or North America. Food is cheap too--IF you can pass on Western style foods for two weeks. Hmm....pizza costs about the same as home. If things are "Western" then they are going to cost more in general. Food and transportation for two weeks--$150-250--reasonable if you don't eat too fancy, and plan on taking the subway/buses most of the time. If you plan on drinking--depending on what you're drinking--add $20-60 per night you think you'll go out. Bars are about the same as at home cost wise.

Shopping isn't that cheap--clothes and/or electronics. You can find random stuff on the streets for cheap sometimes, but if you think you'll find a lot of super great deals on things--you'll probably be disappointed. It's kind of a misconception people have in general about Korea. I've heard there are some good markets in Seoul though. Sorry, I don't live there, so I can't suggest anything specific.

Anyone out there have any suggestions for Seoul in particular??
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pinkyr89
post Apr 19 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 923171
Nominate me as a Local Expert

i've been to korea twice.. twice also in Seoul.. and so i dont think you have to bring plenty of things in KOrea.. their hotels provides towels, lotions, shampoos, bathing soap, blower, bathrobe, etc.
what you have to bring is universal adapter. for your laptops, chargers, etc.
..and dont forget you jacket.!
as of money, shopping in korea is a bit cheap..and so you dont have to worry too much on bringing lots of money.

koreaflights
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:20 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.