Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Yellowstone Park in the Spring, A discussion about the pro's and cons about visiting Yellowstone i
youngbear
post Apr 24 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 172581

As I sit here in Yellowstone watching the snow fall, I'm pondering why more people don't visit in May. Is it the weather? Is it available time? Bison are calving...a wonderful experience to see new borns begin their life-journeys. Ospreys are appearing again...blue birds have been back for a few weeks. This is a grand time for wildlife viewing. Yet spring visits are on the decline and fall gets stronger. Any ideas out there? As an fyi, I'm the marketing guy for Yellowstone National Park Lodges. My goal is to provide amazing experiences for visitors, so they'll become advocates for and stewards of the park in the future. Spring offers amazing experiences, yet most visitors wait until summer or fall to come. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 10)
starlagurl
post Apr 24 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Yep, I think it's the weather... May is not typical "camping season". I've been camping lots in May in Canada and it's beautiful, but you know the stereotype of camping in June, July and August right?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
findingnine
post Apr 25 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 14300

Get me another beer and tell me all about it

--------------------
This is all I got.
I couldn't make this up
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 25 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

*throws you a Steamwhistle and opener*

Uh...it's just what people do, they go camping in the summer, not in May. Park their RVs, then set a fire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
niki72
post Aug 12 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 205111

QUOTE(youngbear @ Apr 24 2008, 12:14 PM) *

As an fyi, I'm the marketing guy for Yellowstone National Park Lodges. My goal is to provide amazing experiences for visitors, so they'll become advocates for and stewards of the park in the future.

Hi,
You seem like the perfect person in the perfect place to give me some traveling advice. I am planning to come to the States this fall (end of October - beginning of November) We plan to rent an RV and visit some of the major National and State parks in the West of the US. We will be flying to Seattle (from Belgium, via London) and our return flight is out of Los Angeles. We could make it to Yellowstone around the 25th of October. What kind of weather should we be expecting? Is there a high probability of snow? Would it be better to rent an SUV in stead of an RV? Will parts of the park be closed?
Thanks in advance for your advice. And maybe we'll see each other in Yellowstone in October ...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post Aug 18 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Navigator

Member No.: 13816

I went pseudo-camping in Yosemite in May (slept in a tent cabin)...froze my butt off. brr.gif That's why people don't camp in May. wink.gif

I've never been to Yellowstone (hope to someday), but here is a link that can maybe answer some questions:

http://www.nps.gov/yell/

Hope that helps!

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
northwestcamper
post Sep 20 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 242339

hi: was in yellowstone in late may until last week of june last year and it was great.
cool weather could be problem, also must of the events in yellowstone do not begin
until mid june ( outdoor cookout, opening of fishing season, ) etc.
i believe must people who go camping ( tent/rving) bring there kids and want things to do.
like you said wildlife are out in late may and june but families want more.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mynetdude
post Sep 26 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #8

Voyager

Member No.: 245111

Are there any enclosed cabins, log cabins whatever and Yurts available in Yellowstone N. Park? I have a Golden Access Pass (yes I know they changed the name to America Beautiful... soemthing rather) so I can get in free and camping fees are reduced like 50%

I'm not really interested in the cookouts and all that, I do want to see what Yellowstone has to offer though and I wouldn't do this in the winter so May is perfect... I can escape the HEAT! AGH! And well, if I hit it off starting in January down in the SE I just might get to Yellowstone, if not next year.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bakasyonista
post Sep 26 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Explorer

Member No.: 140128

We plan to visit Yellowstone National Park in August next year. We will be visiting other states too like Utah, Montana and South Dakota.

--------------------
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Frank Outlaw
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:49 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in USA

Albuquerque Hotels
Anaheim Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Boston Hotels
Branson Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Columbus Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Fort Lauderdale Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Jacksonville Hotels
Kansas City Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Memphis Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Philadelphia Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Portland Hotels
Saint Louis Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Scottsdale Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Tucson Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.