Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bangkok to sien Reap
cobra48451
post Apr 23 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 158630

I need informatioon how to get from Bangkok to Ankor Wat in Cambodia. Are Trains available. Buses. How long a trip?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paul
post Apr 24 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Navigator

Member No.: 98

QUOTE(cobra48451 @ Apr 23 2008, 10:33 PM) *

I need informatioon how to get from Bangkok to Ankor Wat in Cambodia. Are Trains available. Buses. How long a trip?

Hi Cobra. Needs from my perspective are water, oxygen, food and sometimes shelter. I think you meant to say, I would please like some information....

Anyway, there are a few options.

Flights. Actually not very expensive. I think Bangkok air flies that route and maybe one other carrier.

There are local buses to Aranyaprathet (the Thai town on the border). You can get them cheaply. Get the early ones in the morning. Reach the border by lunch I think. Then cross and get another local bus to Siem Reap. Night by the time you get there. The bus stops for dinner on the way. Check into a hotel / guesthouse. Ask them about a guide for the morning. Get all that arranged and go to bed.

For a bit more you can arrange all sorts of mini vans and other slightly more comfortable and tourist orientated transport.

Trains - no.

So buses - pretty much whole day trip. Planes - couple of hours or so.

Hope that helps.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chai.k
post Jun 4 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 186772

Hi Cobra, I'm Chai. How about your Cambodia trip? Is it still in planning or been past?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
cobra48451
post Jun 4 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 158630

Chai,

I totally loved Cambodia. It was thehighlight of the trip. People were very friendly an the place is very in expensive. 3 hours from Bankok to border. 2 hours to get through customs. 7 hours be cab to get to Siem Reap. Return by plane was 25 minutes, but I wouldn't have missed the ride for anythng. It was an adventure by itself.

Stayed at the Sawasdee Angkor Inn. Great place. Tell them John sent you. They will take careof you.

Wasn't able to post in travelpod like I wanted to. Left Cambodia for four days of Scuba diving in Phuket. Eden Divers. Good people. Great boat. Diving was Okay. Next time I plan to dive Cambodia. Perhaps an unknown treasure.

Kuala Lumpur, three days. Batu Caves.

Singapore was just abig expensive shopping Center; so we took a Ferry to Batam Island, Indonesia and hung out for three days a resort.

Take Care
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chai.k
post Jun 4 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 186772

QUOTE(cobra48451 @ Jun 4 2008, 10:39 PM) *

Chai,

I totally loved Cambodia. It was thehighlight of the trip. People were very friendly an the place is very in expensive. 3 hours from Bankok to border. 2 hours to get through customs. 7 hours be cab to get to Siem Reap. Return by plane was 25 minutes, but I wouldn't have missed the ride for anythng. It was an adventure by itself.

Stayed at the Sawasdee Angkor Inn. Great place. Tell them John sent you. They will take careof you.

Wasn't able to post in travelpod like I wanted to. Left Cambodia for four days of Scuba diving in Phuket. Eden Divers. Good people. Great boat. Diving was Okay. Next time I plan to dive Cambodia. Perhaps an unknown treasure.

Kuala Lumpur, three days. Batu Caves.

Singapore was just abig expensive shopping Center; so we took a Ferry to Batam Island, Indonesia and hung out for three days a resort.

Take Care

Hi Cobra,

That's a good experiences. I'm looking forward to your next travel sharing. I have to read some information from a website which is about travel guide books. I think it can help you a lot for your next travel planning. You can refer to www.a4trip.com. Have a nice day.

Chai (^o^)

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
evamaria85
post Jun 22 2008, 10:13 AM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 1099

I did most of my trip from Bangkok to Siem Reap by bike, it was hard but absolutly fantastic, as you travel much slower.
I driven to Khao Yai National park by bus, and then biked to Siem Reap. Going up into Khao Yai was really hard, as it is some pretty steep hills, but it was so much fun going down:D Biking through eastern Thailand and central Cambodia is really nice, as there are NO hill, it's flat, flat, flat. But the roads in Cambodia are a little, how to put it, challenging, so bring a sturdy bike.
I was on a tour with Imaginative Traveller, that runs twice years, but I wouldn't hesitate doing it alone next time, as it is not har to find your way and there are only a few hotels en route that it is not hard to find out where to stay.
Yes, it was hard, warm and painful, but it was worth it.
Have a nice trip, whatever means of transportation you chose.
Best,

Eva Maria
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bliany
post Jun 24 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Wanderer

Member No.: 65831

Traveled Cambodia last November great place friendly people
Best way to do Ankor is by plane from Bangkok 50 mins.time in air.
The temples are awesome also try the floating village.
Travelled to Phnom Penh from there amazing city you can fly back to BKK from here if you want.
I went down to Sillouville to finish my time in Cambodia via kampot all of it was a great experiance
Travelled by bus to PP cost around 10 dollars
Then used hire car for the rest of my journeys at a rough cost of 40 dollars a journey
If you need any other info let me know
bliany
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 03:19 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.