Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Where to stay in Phuket
2010adventure
post Mar 22 2010, 04:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 682121
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello,

Me and my partner are currently in Krabi and plan to head to Phuket in the next week. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay cheaply either in the town or at one of the beaches?

Any information about whether it is advisable to stay in Phuket town rather than at the beaches would also be great!

Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
ScottWoz
post Mar 22 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

There are plenty of places in the Patong area for around 350 baht per night. Phuket town is also good. It depends on whether you're looking for 'full-on' or peace and quiet. I lived in Phuket town for a few months and lived in Nai Harn for about five months. Nai Harn was quiet, peaceful and beautiful, and well away from the seediness of Patong. As always it depends on what you are looking for. You'll find cheap places anywhere.

Enjoy Phuket thumbsup.png

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kathyhoang
post Apr 26 2010, 04:45 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 942221

Hi guys,

Maybe 2010adventure had traveled to Phuket. Now I think about staying in Phuket town and at the beaches, it is not very important. To me, staying at the beaches is more interesting, there are also warm hospitality and reasonably priced places to stay. Do you know? The beaches on the southwest have a range of entertaining options and modern facilities and Phuket hotels, and are especially popular with tourists. If I have many time, i will travel to Phuket on September. curtsey.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
koonel
post Jan 9 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #4

Wayfarer

Member No.: 1111301

QUOTE(2010adventure @ Mar 22 2010, 05:09 AM) *

Hello,

Me and my partner are currently in Krabi and plan to head to Phuket in the next week. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay cheaply either in the town or at one of the beaches?

Any information about whether it is advisable to stay in Phuket town rather than at the beaches would also be great!

Thanks

Just noticed this is an old post but the info is still pretty good for Phuket anyway!

Phuket is one of the most expensive destinations in Thailand. There are other beaches and resort areas closer to Bangkok that are cheaper. Some are even closer to Bangkok. Transportation in Bangkok and Pattaya/Jomtien is much cheaper. But it all depends on what you intend to do! Do you intend to do some serious diving or just walk on the beach and sunbathe? If you go to Phuket and intend to stay in Patong Town then why go there anyway? You could visit Chiang Mai instead and get almost the same amount of sun and see some of the countryside that more represents Thailand than Phuket Town.

When you want hotel recommendations mention how much per night you want to spend on a hotel room and you will get some suggestions. Use Google and you will get several sources to look up.

You have to plan a budget and then decide how much per night you can afford for a hotel and then ask for suggestions in that price range. The term "cheaply" is meaningless. For someone coming from New York City or Tokyo to have a hotel room at only $100 a night is a cheap price for them!

All of Thailand has summer like weather. If you only want a beach setting perhaps you can find a beach closer to or in your own country. If you come to Thailand also visit Bangkok and try to see some of Northern Thailand like Chiang Mai. Even in Bangkok and Chiang Mai you can get a tan just walking around!

Partial list of beaches available.
http://thailandforvisitors.com/thaibeaches.html

If you are going next week then you already have your tickets. March would have been a little cheaper, maybe even for the plane tickets too.

Good luck.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:17 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.