Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ACCOMODATION IN SINGAPORE, Looking for rooms , hostels or hotel.
sk1008
post Apr 7 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 161921
Nominate me as a Local Expert

hello all
i plan to visit singapore in june july. can anyone suggest a good aprtment hotel (preferably on orchard road) since i plan to stay for around 7 days? is it a good idea to stay at sentosa if it's going to take 2 days to see it?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Apr 8 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Have you looked through the Trip Advisor hotel listings? Usually those are helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294265-...ore-Hotels.html

I'm not sure what you mean by "serviced apartments", so that's why I just sent you the general link.

As for visiting Sentosa, looks like a lot of Travelpodders had a great time there:
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-city/...ntosa/tpod.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
precious_gem7
post May 9 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 179668

Hi there!

First of all, serviced apartments in singapore are considered a luxury and more expensive than hotels, especially along orchard road.

perhaps you would like to tell me what's ur budget like? Honestly accommodation in Singapore is abit expensive by South East Asian standard. But there are cheaper hotels /hostels around town that MAY give you a discount for a week's stay.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
snow_pearl
post May 12 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 986671

I visited Singapore last year with my grandpa and stayed at Royal Hotel, Newton Road, 3 stars hotel. It was very clean and comfortable; the breakfasts were good. I was very satisfied there.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pally21
post Nov 28 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3415043

Just an update on the possible accomodation options that are available in Singapore.

Agree with preciousgem that it depends on your budget and especially if you are staying for a week, you may just be able to negotiate a lower price smile.gif

Besides apartments, you can check out The Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Singapore which is affordable and decent.

Alteratively, you can check out travelmob where private homeowners share their properties or personal residences. They usually have service apartments that are quite good and more affordable compared to the commercial ones available.

Hope this helps whoever is planning a longer stay in Singapore! smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
regorand
post Dec 2 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3282323

For apartment hotels in the Orchard area, I would recommend Fraser Residence Orchard. Whenever I have a work trip to Singapore, that's where I stayed, and I've had good experiences with them. They have all the facilities you need, and the staff were very professional and helpful.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:27 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Singapore

Chinatown Hotels
Little India Hotels
Pulau Ubin Hotels
Sentosa Island Hotels
Singapore Hotels
Singapore River Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.