Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First day in Vietnam, Vietnam country
pontam
post Mar 3 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 802151
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Vietnam - What amazing country!

It was the first time i came to Vietnam. I had had no idea where to go what to do.

Luckily my friend did introduce me to Hoabinhtourist- a reliable travel agency in Vietnam. To my surprise, their tourguide and most of Vietnamese were very kind, friendly and considerate.

Another impressive thing here is that everything is very cheap and the food (OMG) were really really delicious.

On the first day, the guide took me around Hanoi capital city.

Wow, Hanoi is a unique Asian city with tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and traditionall pagodas and temples that date back hundreds of years ago.

That morning city tour, we drove to Ho Chi Minh's complex, including the mausoleum of the nation's founder and leader. Here, large crowds gather to pay there respects to the man they simply call Uncle Ho as they silently file past his glass sarcophagus. The Presidential Palace and Uncle Ho's wooden stilt house can also be seen here.

According to the guide One of must-see places in the complex is One Pillar pagoda dating back 11th century. from far view its shape looks like a huge lotus flower.

The next stop was the Temple of Literature, the site of Vietnam's oldest university and dedicated to one of the world's most famous scholars, Confucious.

Inside the temple grounds, huge steles rest on the backs of even larger stone turtles ( in Vietnam's culture, the turtle represents longevity). The stele recorded the names of the successful candidates who later became mandarins in the Emperor's court.

From here we followed the visit of the walking tour of Hanoi 's vibrant Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake , the focal point of the city. This is not only a beautiful spot but also is the historical site. You should be here to get to know about the legend of the lake and how it become one of the Must-See places in Hanoi for both domestic and international tourists. It was really interesting story.
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Edit/Delete Message

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:09 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Vietnam

Ben Tre Hotels
Buon Ma Thuot Hotels
Can Tho Hotels
Cao Lahn Hotels
Cat Ba Hotels
Chau Doc Hotels
Da Nang Hotels
Dalat Hotels
Dien Bien Phu Hotels
Dong Ha Hotels
Dong Hoi Hotels
Ha Tien Hotels
Haiphong Hotels
Halong Bay Hotels
Hanoi Hotels
Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
Hoi An Hotels
Hue Hotels
Khanh Hai Hotels
Kontum Hotels
Lai Chau Hotels
Lao Cai Hotels
Long Hai Hotels
Mui Ne Hotels
My Tho Hotels
Nha Trang Hotels
Ninh Binh Hotels
Ninh Phuoc Hotels
Phan Rang-Thap Cham Hotels
Phan Thiet Hotels
Quang Ngai Hotels
Quy Nhon Hotels
Rach Gia Hotels
Sapa Hotels
Soc Trang Hotels
Thai Nguyen Hotels
Tuyen Quang Hotels
Vinh Long Hotels
Vung Tau Hotels
Yen Bai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.