Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Indian Cuisine The West vs. The Subcontinent, whose is best?
Barrett
post Jan 7 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #1

Nomad

Group: Members
Member No.: 423
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Who's got the best Indian cuisine in the world? Having eaten my way through some great meals in Canada, NZ, Singapore and oh yeah, India, I have to go with Singapore. Best ingredients, huge portions, cheap price, traditional feel.
NZ comes in second with the lunch deals in Wellington, divine at $7 a pop, but no lassies. But other travellers may disagree. Anyone want to defend Britain here or the originator of all this tastiness?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
smile.always
post Jun 5 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 280576
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Well, Indian food is the best of all without any doubt!!

In my office there are lot of expats and also have visitors from all over the world and they all like the Indian food very much.

Samosa, dosa, idlee, Chole bhautra, naan, paratha, different curries - veg, non - veg, pakoda, lassi, Sweets like gulab jamun

How can i forget Papad, is the most favorite one!!

I think the Indian food is the best beacuse is been served with special love
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Barrett   Indian Cuisine The West vs. The Subcontinent   Jan 7 2006, 01:08 AM
whereshegoes   I would say the best indian food I ever had was co...   Jan 8 2006, 12:51 PM
Jambo   Indian food in Wellington has exploded (not litera...   Apr 5 2006, 10:49 AM
Barrett   Yeah, but Jambo, which did you PREFER?? I bet the...   Apr 5 2006, 09:05 PM
Caro!   Indian food in Wellington has exploded (not liter...   May 9 2006, 11:41 AM
Amit   Being Indian, I would say my mom cooks the best In...   Apr 6 2006, 07:03 AM
Jambo   Hard to say which I prefer. Any time I went for a...   Apr 6 2006, 09:10 AM
uncle_davros   A little garage in Kajaraho is the place that I ha...   Apr 7 2006, 02:22 AM
Barrett   I really like Kajuraho but I never found a garage ...   Apr 11 2006, 09:29 PM
Guest_kamasutra_*   I really like Kajuraho but I never found a garage...   May 4 2006, 05:05 AM
uncle_davros   On the main road where all the food was. In fact, ...   May 14 2006, 01:54 AM
uncle_davros   We also manage just to stumble on some evry now an...   Jun 7 2006, 01:10 AM
rbisset   I had an amazing Indian curry in Laos of all place...   Aug 14 2006, 05:20 PM
uncle_davros   Nazim's, the McDonalds of Laos. Found in eve...   Aug 14 2006, 06:01 PM
rbisset   weird, everyone i've met who went to China rea...   Aug 15 2006, 05:13 AM
uncle_davros   I met this guy, who loved the food that much, that...   Aug 15 2006, 12:36 PM
tav   Outside of India I have only eaten Indian food in ...   Oct 1 2006, 02:38 PM
uncle_davros   I work with a Sikh and he came from Amritsar, and ...   Oct 3 2006, 03:21 PM
literature   Who's got the best Indian cuisine in the worl...   Dec 1 2008, 09:09 AM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:15 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in India

Agra Hotels
Ahmedabad Hotels
Alappuzha Hotels
Amritsar Hotels
Bangalore Hotels
Bardez Hotels
Bhubaneswar Hotels
Calangute Hotels
Candolim Hotels
Chennai (Madras) Hotels
Darjeeling Hotels
Gangtok Hotels
Goa Hotels
Gurgaon Hotels
Haridwar Hotels
Hyderabad Hotels
Indore Hotels
Jaipur Hotels
Jaisalmer Hotels
Jodhpur Hotels
Kochi Hotels
Kodaikanal Hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
Kovalam Hotels
Manali Hotels
Mumbai (Bombay) Hotels
Munnar Hotels
Mussoorie Hotels
Mysore Hotels
Nainital Hotels
New Delhi Hotels
Ootacamund Hotels
Pondicherry Hotels
Pune Hotels
Salcette Hotels
Shimla Hotels
Srinagar Hotels
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Hotels
Udaipur Hotels
Varanasi Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.