Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thai beach bums
Paul
post Mar 18 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Navigator

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Nominate me as a Local Expert

This was posted in Facebook and seems a fair warning to put in here:

having spent many years on the larger islands in thailand and observed the ways of the thai beach boys from a cultural and habitual perspective, i feel it might be helpful to put out some advice for those new girls to thailand who find themselves interested in a thai beach boy, as i am so tired and depressed at seeing these young, beautiful, naive girls come to thailand with no knowledge of the culture or situation and getting beat, cheated on, lied to, left pregnant or sick with STDs, and publicly humiliated by one of these guys, and sent home crying their eyes out, their self esteem ruined.

here's the deal, and you might think i am being overly harsh but i could refer you to plenty of girls who learned the hard way:

- it's all about sex, not love. thai guys have to work very hard and even pay money to a thai girl's family before she will let him in. in contrast, farang girls on holiday will jump right into bed with the boys, and it's free! they have many girls to choose from, you are not important to them. every single week there arrives a new load of nubile, easy tourist girls. i have seen so many times the boys take their "girlfriend" of the week to the boat to leave, and they wait there for the next boat to pull in and pick up whatever stupid girl is on it. face it, these guys get these jobs many time because thai girls do not want them. they work around farang girls because they know it is easy and free to get them in bed. every single one of these girls thinks they are special, and that their new man is "different" and they soon find out they are wrong.

- they lie. they will say absolutely ANYTHING to get you to sleep with them. it is a game. there is a lot of backslapping with their friends when they succeed in picking you up. they will lie about their age, marital status, how much money they make, everything in their past. the goal is simply to win. this is the same in every culture but in a tourist area it becomes a lot more hard core.

-they are not safe. you need to wear condoms, and if you don't, god help you. these guys sleep with an insane number of girls, and some with boys as well. even if you have been together for a couple weeks, that doesn't mean it is safe to stop wearing condoms. if yu want to do that, go get both of you tested first.

-some of these guys are serious criminals. you might think it is glamorous to date a drug dealer, but look up the drug laws in thailand. it isn't fun to watch your boyfriend out of his head every night either. a lot of the boys i know have actually raped and/or murdered someone in the past! they definitely aren't going to tell you this themself. they also can be very violent, and no one is going to tell you that they beat the crap out of the last little english girl who was here because everyone around them is afraid of repercussions. a good rule to keep in mind is that if there are any long term farang girls around, and they seem wary of discussing your man, it is because they have been threatened. if they drop you any hints, take them seriously- they have seen these guys in action. the stupidest thing you can do is run right back to the guy saying "so and so said"- in the long run you will have sabatoged the only support network available to you.

- if they get you pregnant and want to marry you in a short amount of time, they probably want a visa to your country. most of the girls i know who got pregnant were abandoned by their boyfriend for the next sweet young thing. as for marriage, it doesn't stop most of them from cheating. do some reading on thai culture, visit their family, look at their friends and position in society, and ask yourself "do i really know and trust this guy to build a life with?" before you get ahead of yourself. some of these guys are very poor and see you as their meal ticket. don't trust an offer of free land either. nothing is free.

beach boys have a bad reputation, and it is well deserved. don't assume that all thai men are the same (there are lots of nice thai guys around, but it seems like once they become too involved with the tourist industry they get jaded and hard), and there are even one or two of the beach boys that turn out to be ok in the long run. but there are far, far more broken heart stories than good ones in this element of society. generally speaking, if you meet a young, good looking guy in a tourist area, who speaks decent english, has a tattoo or piercing or farang style clothes, who says he is a dj, who twirls fire, or who works at a bar, they are most likely professionals with a long history. the worst ones i have met are on koh chang, in bangkok, and on koh phangan. make sure you know what you are in for. it's cool to come and have fun for a week or so on your holiday, but it is when you start taking it more seriously that you will have problems. you have to be willing to work through a lot of crap over a long period of time before there is a possibility of a successful relationship. if you don't plan on staying in thailand, then forget about it. watch out for number one, and good luck.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Mar 19 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Wow, this reminds me of that last post, accusing westerners of degrading women....

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rainerh
post Nov 13 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 504101

QUOTE(Paul @ Mar 18 2008, 09:53 PM) *

This was posted in Facebook and seems a fair warning to put in here:

having spent many years on the larger islands in thailand and observed the ways of the thai beach boys from a cultural and habitual perspective, i feel it might be helpful to put out some advice for those new girls to thailand who find themselves interested in a thai beach boy, as i am so tired and depressed at seeing these young, beautiful, naive girls come to thailand with no knowledge of the culture or situation and getting beat, cheated on, lied to, left pregnant or sick with STDs, and publicly humiliated by one of these guys, and sent home crying their eyes out, their self esteem ruined.

here's the deal, and you might think i am being overly harsh but i could refer you to plenty of girls who learned the hard way:

- it's all about sex, not love. thai guys have to work very hard and even pay money to a thai girl's family before she will let him in. in contrast, farang girls on holiday will jump right into bed with the boys, and it's free! they have many girls to choose from, you are not important to them. every single week there arrives a new load of nubile, easy tourist girls. i have seen so many times the boys take their "girlfriend" of the week to the boat to leave, and they wait there for the next boat to pull in and pick up whatever stupid girl is on it. face it, these guys get these jobs many time because thai girls do not want them. they work around farang girls because they know it is easy and free to get them in bed. every single one of these girls thinks they are special, and that their new man is "different" and they soon find out they are wrong.

- they lie. they will say absolutely ANYTHING to get you to sleep with them. it is a game. there is a lot of backslapping with their friends when they succeed in picking you up. they will lie about their age, marital status, how much money they make, everything in their past. the goal is simply to win. this is the same in every culture but in a tourist area it becomes a lot more hard core.

-they are not safe. you need to wear condoms, and if you don't, god help you. these guys sleep with an insane number of girls, and some with boys as well. even if you have been together for a couple weeks, that doesn't mean it is safe to stop wearing condoms. if yu want to do that, go get both of you tested first.

-some of these guys are serious criminals. you might think it is glamorous to date a drug dealer, but look up the drug laws in thailand. it isn't fun to watch your boyfriend out of his head every night either. a lot of the boys i know have actually raped and/or murdered someone in the past! they definitely aren't going to tell you this themself. they also can be very violent, and no one is going to tell you that they beat the crap out of the last little english girl who was here because everyone around them is afraid of repercussions. a good rule to keep in mind is that if there are any long term farang girls around, and they seem wary of discussing your man, it is because they have been threatened. if they drop you any hints, take them seriously- they have seen these guys in action. the stupidest thing you can do is run right back to the guy saying "so and so said"- in the long run you will have sabatoged the only support network available to you.

- if they get you pregnant and want to marry you in a short amount of time, they probably want a visa to your country. most of the girls i know who got pregnant were abandoned by their boyfriend for the next sweet young thing. as for marriage, it doesn't stop most of them from cheating. do some reading on thai culture, visit their family, look at their friends and position in society, and ask yourself "do i really know and trust this guy to build a life with?" before you get ahead of yourself. some of these guys are very poor and see you as their meal ticket. don't trust an offer of free land either. nothing is free.

beach boys have a bad reputation, and it is well deserved. don't assume that all thai men are the same (there are lots of nice thai guys around, but it seems like once they become too involved with the tourist industry they get jaded and hard), and there are even one or two of the beach boys that turn out to be ok in the long run. but there are far, far more broken heart stories than good ones in this element of society. generally speaking, if you meet a young, good looking guy in a tourist area, who speaks decent english, has a tattoo or piercing or farang style clothes, who says he is a dj, who twirls fire, or who works at a bar, they are most likely professionals with a long history. the worst ones i have met are on koh chang, in bangkok, and on koh phangan. make sure you know what you are in for. it's cool to come and have fun for a week or so on your holiday, but it is when you start taking it more seriously that you will have problems. you have to be willing to work through a lot of crap over a long period of time before there is a possibility of a successful relationship. if you don't plan on staying in thailand, then forget about it. watch out for number one, and good luck.

An excellent report! Finally someone speaks openly out the truth. Form my own experience I can add only to important point.

it is not all about sex but of course also all about money or even visa when a thai succeeds to impregnate a western girl

2.... an absolute taboo is that white males become occassionally victims of the Thai sex industry: Thai gigolo boys identify not only willing white female single tourists but also target couples and try to "capture" the white female from her foreign partner. In some cases the gigolos initially act as "a guide" for a western couple and pretend to be no more as a "good friend". At a next stage the thai gigolo concentrates more and more on the female and flatters her constantly, he spots tensions between the partners and learns how to use them to undermine the males position. If he lures her into an intimate situation and finally have sex with the white girl, he will do anything to demoralize and ridicule the girl's partner and fasten his grip on the white girl, as she guarantees him a super secure, easy income and probably some fun. Only a fiew white males will try to confront the macho-style thai guys. But at this stage it will be usually to late, the resistance is quickly suffocated by the thai and they use the insecurity of the girl's partner to openly demonstrate their domination to the girl and live on the holiday budget of the couple. Regularly the male finally accepts the situation unless the relationship breaks down anyway. If the relationsships survives, as in my own case, the white male has often to pay a high price. I love my girl, but there is also a lasting trauma. Again and again I imagined how the thai devil.png made sex to my willing girl wub.gif and made even jealously sketches in my diary (see:

http://www.raincoatreviews.com/forums/member.php?u=6481.

A shame and humiliation only a fiew westeners are ready to talk about.

3. IF you dare to go public with your experience, like I deliberately did

(see e. g. goolge:"my girlfriend had paid sex with a thai boy")

you will certainly harvest total contempt and laughter especially by other white males. gora.gif

Rainer
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
billybangkok
post Nov 30 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 547011

People, please keep in mind that the author of the previous post, Rainer, has gone around on several websites telling his tale of how he went on holiday in Thailand and let his girlfriend talk him into letting her sleep with some Thai guy and how she cold shouldered him the rest of the trip.

It's not like you're getting some unbiased opinion from him. He's bitter about his experience and been pretty much humiliated wherever he's posted his story looking for sympathy. Now he wants to make Thai guys look like demons because HE AGREED to letting his girlfriend sleep with some other guy and she obviously didn't want to look back afterwards.

http://www.bangkokdiaries.com/2009/01/09/f...ith-a-thai-boy/

I'm sorry, but if you don't have enough of a backbone to stand up for yourself it doesn't seem fair to bad mouth people behind their back.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
chuckwow
post Feb 20 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 768721

You have merely described what goes on in pretty much every bar I have ever been to in the United States.

Face it, there are stupid women everywhere you go. If they want to spread their legs for someone then that is their problem.

If you had said that these "Beach Boys" were drugging and raping falang women than that would be a different story, otherwise, oh well !
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
darrenstravels
post Feb 23 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #6

Tourist

Member No.: 167016

Sounds like blokes in most countries to me.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:27 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Thailand

Ayutthaya Hotels
Bangkok Hotels
Cha-am Hotels
Chaweng Hotels
Chiang Mai Hotels
Chiang Rai Hotels
Chon Buri Hotels
Hat Yai Hotels
Hua Hin Hotels
Kanchanaburi Hotels
Kathu Hotels
Khao Lak Hotels
Khon Kaen Hotels
Ko Lanta Hotels
Ko Phangan Hotels
Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
Ko Tao Hotels
Krabi Hotels
Lampang Hotels
Loei Hotels
Mae Hong Son Hotels
Nakorn Ratchasima Hotels
Nakorn Si Thammarat Hotels
Narathiwat Hotels
Nonthaburi Hotels
Pai Hotels
Patong Hotels
Pattaya Hotels
Phangnga Hotels
Phetchaburi Hotels
Phitsanulok Hotels
Rawai Hotels
Rayong Hotels
Songkhla Hotels
Sukhothai Hotels
Surat Thani Hotels
Tak Hotels
Trang Hotels
Trat Hotels
Udon Thani Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.