Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP...bus from Paracas to Lima
jodokast
post Feb 5 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 728001
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Im visiting Peru in late May / Early June and recently have had to adjust my itinerary. Insted of visiting the Islas Ballestas on the way to Arequipa I now have to visit them as a day-trip from Lima basically on the day that I fly out. Getting to the Islas Ballestas is not the problem but I need to figure out bus options to get back to Lima in time to catch my 8PM flight out! Cruz Del Sur is out because I beleive the earliest bus leaves Paracas at 3PM which is cutting it way to close and not leaving much if any time to get to the airport let alone check in on time. Basically the Islas Ballestas tour would be done by 11 or 12 and Im hoping there are buses that we could catch back to Lima around this time. If anyone can confirm this I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 10 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

Personally I would consider it a bit risky to do the Islas Ballestas and hope to get back to Lima in time for your 8:00 pm flight, considering you must be at the airport at least two hours prior to departure. The bus ride Paracas Lima will take around three and a half hours. Calculate half an hour from the Lima bus station to the airport. Add a hour for "hiccups". This means you should leave Paracas by at least 1:00 pm.

Several bus companies cover this route throughout the day, but getting timetables online is almost impossible. Ormeno is an option. There will also be local buses coming from Ica and Pisco. You will have to do your homework on this when you first arrive in Lima. If indeed you can find transportation out of Paracas by 1:00 pm, you should make your flight. Nevertheless always keep in mind that Peru is a country of unpredictables.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 12:44 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Peru

Abancay Hotels
Aguas Calientes Hotels
Arequipa Hotels
Ayacucho Hotels
Cabanaconde Hotels
Cajamarca Hotels
Chachapoyas Hotels
Chiclayo Hotels
Chivay Hotels
Colca Canyon Hotels
Cusco Hotels
Huacachina Hotels
Huancayo Hotels
Huanchaco Hotels
Huaraz Hotels
Ica Hotels
Ilo Hotels
Iquitos Hotels
Juliaca Hotels
Lima Hotels
Machu Picchu Hotels
Mancora Hotels
Nasca Hotels
Ollantaytambo Hotels
Paracas Hotels
Pisac Hotels
Pisco Hotels
Piura Hotels
Pucallpa Hotels
Puerto Maldonado Hotels
Puno Hotels
Punta Hermosa Hotels
San Lazaro Hotels
Tarapoto Hotels
Tarma Hotels
Trujillo Hotels
Tumbes Hotels
Urubamba Hotels
Yanama Hotels
Yucay Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.