Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> China travel?, Starting in Hong Kong and ending in Hong Kong
luke_1989
post Feb 2 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 266185

Hey

I am going to be traveling China for a month and land in Hong Kong on 30th June and have to be back 6th August to fly to Australia.

I want to see the in Beijing; great wall of China, Tiananmen square, Forrbidden City! In Xian; The Terrecota army and also Yanshou looks really beautiful place to see.

I was just wondering what the best route would be? And also can anyone recommend any other places to visit in China?

Thanks

Luke :-)
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Feb 4 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Many thanks :-).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
luke_1989
post Feb 5 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

QUOTE(graceke @ Feb 5 2010, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(luke_1989 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Hey

I am going to be traveling China for a month and land in Hong Kong on 30th June and have to be back 6th August to fly to Australia.

I want to see the in Beijing; great wall of China, Tiananmen square, Forrbidden City! In Xian; The Terrecota army and also Yanshou looks really beautiful place to see.

I was just wondering what the best route would be? And also can anyone recommend any other places to visit in China?

Thanks

I would like suggest the route : Hongkong-Guilin-Yangshuo-Shanghai-Suzhou-Beijing-Xiían-Lanzhou-Silk Road to Xinjiang Karshgha-Urumqi- Chengdu-Kunming-Dali-Lijiang-Shangri La-
30-31/07 Hongkong
01/08 Flight to Guilin, and take a city tour around.
02/08 Take the Li River Cruise to Yangshuo. Along the Li River, Gorgeous Karst peaks give you surprises at each bend of the river under the blue sky. Water buffalo patrol the fields, peasants reap rice paddies, school kids and fisherman float by on bamboo rafts. With its scenery and taste of a life far removed from the concrete metropolis will give you the typical image of China countryside.
03-04/08 In Yangshuo, you could be very relaxed taking bycle around the countryside or do some trekking along the riverside.
05-07/08 Flight to Shanghai to experience Shanghai Expo. And take a city tour
08-11/08 flight to Beijing, you will have your Beijing exploration. About the Great Wall, I would like to introduce trekking Jinshanling-Shimatai, the remoted part of Great Wall. And don't miss visiting the Hutong, the Beijing local courtyard and small allay.
12-13/08 flight to Xiían with the history of 5000 years. Besides, the temple, old city wall, bell tower, Terra Cotta Museum, I would recommend Muslim Mosque, Muslim Quarter of Xi'an to meet its local natives, descendants from the earliest generations of Arab merchants to China, who today add an integral element to the colorful daily life of Xi'an.
14/08 flight to Chengdu, visit the Panda Resort and city tour.
15/08 flight to Kunming, the capital city of Yunnan. Yunnan is the southern extension part of Tibetan Plateau. Therefore, it enjoys huge differences in elevation, in diversity of geography and ecology, as well as the culture of different ethnic groups. After sightseeing in the daytime, donít miss an evening show: Dynamic Yunnan is a grand, original ethnic dance musical. It fuses beauty of Yunnan ethnic minorities dance and songs with the power of modern stage exhibition. http://www.dynamicyunnan.com
16-17/08 drive to Dali, and visit Dali
18-20/09 Drive to Lijiang
21-23/09 Shangri la.
More information please view Yunnan Highlights flowers.png 11 days Dynamic Yunnan flowers.png
Other places in China you like to go? You also could take the Silk Road Adventure Travel from Xi'an up to Xinjiang.
Or you could take the Spiritual Jouney through Tibet from Chengdu.
I believe after your homework about China tour, and you will make out a very nice travel plan.
Cheers! My Old China ( Is it a slang from London as" my good Friend'?)

Thank you very much you have gave me lots of ideas and information jump.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robjstaples
post Feb 10 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #4

Voyager

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(luke_1989 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:37 PM) *

Hey

Thanks

Luke - sounds fun.
Warning - people have been known to go to Yangshou for 2 days and stay for 2 years. If you want to go there, I'd make it your last stop.

Think about something like... go to Macau by boat, cross the border into the mainland on foot and pick up a cheap flight from Guangzhou or Shenzhen to Hangzhou or Shanghai..... You can loop around Shanghai to Suzhou and Hangzhou knowing there's a great rail service to Beijing....I can spend weeks in Beijing alone...Beijing to Xi'an is easy by train and there's a well worn travellers path from Xi'an via Sichuan to Guilin/Yangshou if you have time and inclination. Yangshuo is a good place to chill and easy to pick up sleeper buses or trains back to Guangzhou or the HK border.
Hong Kong border.

Have a look at a couple of my old blogs (below) for a few ideas.
Cheers

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:33 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.