Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Map entries while on a cruise at sea
pathfinder35
post Jan 25 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 133041

Hi _ i couldn't find this question asked anywhere so thought I'd ask - what should you do when on a cruise and 'at sea' day- what map location can you use? Previously I have just picked the nearest map land mass/city to the cruise ship route but that's not really ideal. Is there someway to select the middle of the Mediterranean sea , for example, when cruising between Athens and Turkey?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jan 25 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 164003

QUOTE(pathfinder35 @ Jan 25 2010, 03:23 PM) *

Hi _ i couldn't find this question asked anywhere so thought I'd ask - what should you do when on a cruise and 'at sea' day- what map location can you use? Previously I have just picked the nearest map land mass/city to the cruise ship route but that's not really ideal. Is there someway to select the middle of the Mediterranean sea , for example, when cruising between Athens and Turkey?

Hi pathfinder35,

We actually just added a feature that allows you to place a pin in the middle of a body of water.

You can put what ever you'd like in the "City" field.... "At sea" for example.
This will automatically bring up the map pin interface, so go ahead and place your pin approximately where you are in the Mediterranean (lucky guy). Then click "Set Pin" and select "At Sea" from the options that are provided.

Since most bodies of water are governed by countries, the system will automatically set the correct one. If you place a pin in International waters (middle of the Pacific), the country will be set to International.

Let us know if that works out for you.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pathfinder35
post Jan 25 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 133041

QUOTE(ericlussier @ Jan 25 2010, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(pathfinder35 @ Jan 25 2010, 03:23 PM) *

Hi pathfinder35,

We actually just added a feature that allows you to place a pin in the middle of a body of water.

You can put what ever you'd like in the "City" field.... "At sea" for example.
This will automatically bring up the map pin interface, so go ahead and place your pin approximately where you are in the Mediterranean (lucky guy). Then click "Set Pin" and select "At Sea" from the options that are provided.

Since most bodies of water are governed by countries, the system will automatically set the correct one. If you place a pin in International waters (middle of the Pacific), the country will be set to International.

Let us know if that works out for you.

Wow - that was a fast reply! Thanks - works exactly as stated and exactly what I was looking for. I was getting tired of looking for towns/islands near my cruise route!
Rough life, I know!

Thanks again, Eric. Since this is my 1st post, I must say I love TravelPod - it's been great and easy to use...

Gary
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jan 25 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Pathfinder

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 164003

Glad it works!

Placing pins in the water hasn't come up too often, but we realized it was a frustrating experience. We're always looking for ways to improve.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:06 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.