Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Gota Village Caramoan the new Boracay?
pietandgina
post Jan 24 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 689691
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Gota Village in Caramoan is a top end resort, owned by the province of Camarines Sur. The lower staff (restaurant, boatmen) are doing a great job. Unfortunately the management of Gota is poor and not applying to the guestís needs at all. Donít be surprised when you find out the day before that the daily afternoon ferry service (for Gota guests only) will be out of order only for that particular day and that you should take the early morning service instead. Donít be surprised when you get up early the following morning that the 7am early morning service is not there and that the management knew that it would be postponed for 2 hours already the evening before but informed only some (and not all) of the departing guests. When you complain to the management, they convince you not to take the public ferry since it would still take longer than the Gota-ferry. They assure you that the Gota-ferry will leave at 9am sharp. Donít be surprised when you are finally inside the boat at 9am, that the management tells the captain of the boat to wait for another 1,5 hours for some other Gota-guests (2 photo models and their crew) who were in the resort together with us and who were planning to leave the resort around 10:30am in the first place). According to the captain of the boat this kind of things happen a lot because of the logistic management. The management tried to convince me that it was all to blame on the captain and his crew, but I have seen with my very own eyes that the captain got orders from the management not to leave and wait for the models). If you like to visit Caramoan, I suggest to stay in one of the pensions in Caramoan town proper instead. If you want to stay in top end resorts only, there are many alternative and good resorts in Palawan/El Nido/Busuanga for example that offer much more.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:12 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Philippines

Angeles Hotels
Bacolod Hotels
Baguio Hotels
Banaue Hotels
Batangas Hotels
Cagayan de Oro Hotels
Cavite Hotels
Cebu City Hotels
Davao Hotels
Dipolog Hotels
Dumaguete Hotels
El Nido Hotels
Iloilo City Hotels
Laoag Hotels
Lapu Lapu Hotels
Legaspi Hotels
Mactan Island Hotels
Makati Hotels
Mambajao Hotels
Mandaluyong Hotels
Mandaue Hotels
Manila Hotels
Moalboal Hotels
Olongapo Hotels
Ormoc Hotels
Pagudpud Hotels
Panglao Hotels
Pasay Hotels
Pasig Hotels
Puerto Galera Hotels
Puerto Princesa Hotels
Quezon City Hotels
Roxas City Hotels
San Fernando Pampanga Hotels
Subic Hotels
Tacloban Hotels
Tagaytay Hotels
Tagbilaran City Hotels
Tarlac Hotels
Virac Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.