Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bonita (Brazil) to Buenos Aires... best route of travel, places to stop?
aliveagain
post Feb 8 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 135249

Hi,
I am trying to somewhat plan my trips in south america.... i plan to do some guided tours and some independent travel that will take me down from quito around the coast of brazil and iguasso down argentina and down to patagonia.... then i will come back up to santiago and back up to quito through la paz lima... and stuff inbetween (ex. inca trail)... however then i want to go back down to patagonia but i want to go a dif route.... i am going to go from bolivia to santa cruz and into brazil the pampas continueing through until i get to bonita.....
Now from bonita I want to get to buenos aires.
I am more interested in taking buses than flying however I am not sure how long this would take.... or what route I should take (what cities to stop in etc...)
so
What stops to make from Bonita to Buenos Aires? How many days to spend where? how long about will it take me?

Help Much appriciated
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 8 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

Hello Aliveagain,

Let me see if I have this straight….You are starting in Quito and somehow getting to the coast of Brasil. Are you sailing down the Amazon? You will then continue along the coast down to B.A. and on into Patagonia. Then you travel up the west coast to Santiago, La Paz, Peru, and back to Quito. OK, I think I've got that bit.

Then you say you will return from Quito to Patagonia (to Bonita, which I locate in the province of Neuquen. Am I right?). It looks to me like you are taking two totally different journeys, or is it just one?

Please let me know this so I can help you.

Cheers
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aliveagain
post Feb 9 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Well Im going to South America to travel.... so technically it is all one big journey but there are definetly seperate parts in it. I want to be in patagonia in march and i also want to be there in september... I am going to be travling before march from the north all the way down, and between march and september i will be going up and coming back down. Before march, coming down to patagonia the first time, I will start in quito and take a tour that runs to caracass and continues from there to Buenos Aires... I plan to stay in Buenos Aires and eventually make my way down to patagonia and travel via peninsula valdes... then in the begining of april I will begin to make my way back up through chili to Santiago.. from here I will travel through la paz and lima back up to quito... Then from quito I want to travel back down to patagonia... but avoid seeing the places I have already seen... For this reason I want to travel inland rather than around the continent... I will probably bus from quito to lima and then fly to la paz... or just fly from quito depending on flght availabilty and prices... From la paz ill continue by bus with stops in cochambamba, Santa Cruz, San Jose de Chiquitos, cross into the pantanal in brazil and go down to bonita... This is where I am stuck... I want to continue to make my way down to buenos aires as I have friends there... A logical place to stop through would be iguaccu falls but I do not want to go there as this is a plac that I will have already been to...

Sorry if this is all really confusing, thanks for taking the time to help me out.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 10 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #4

Tripper

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Feb 8 2008, 10:54 PM) *

Hello Aliveagain,

Let me see if I have this straight….You are starting in Quito and somehow getting to the coast of Brasil. Are you sailing down the Amazon? You will then continue along the coast down to B.A. and on into Patagonia. Then you travel up the west coast to Santiago, La Paz, Peru, and back to Quito. OK, I think I've got that bit.

Then you say you will return from Quito to Patagonia (to Bonita, which I locate in the province of Neuquen. Am I right?). It looks to me like you are taking two totally different journeys, or is it just one?

Cheers
Martin

OK. I've got it. I have just one little difficulty. The only Bonita I can find is in the Province of Neuquen down near Bariloche. Is this the right Bonita, or is there another one? With that info in hand, I think I can help you with a couple of suggestions.

Cheers
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aliveagain
post Feb 10 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Feb 10 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Hello Aliveagain,

Cheers
Martin

no bonito is up near paraguay and and the pampas
OK. I've got it. I have just one little difficulty. The only Bonita I can find is in the Province of Neuquen down near Bariloche. Is this the right Bonita, or is there another one? With that info in hand, I think I can help you with a couple of suggestions.

Cheers
Martin
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 10 2008, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Tripper

QUOTE(aliveagain @ Feb 10 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Hello Aliveagain,

Cheers
Martin

Cheers
Martin

Hi,
Me again. It's not easy to find your Bonito! Is this the one?
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...27000/tpod.html
This one is in Mato Grosso do Sul in Brasil. It is certainly near Paraguay, but an awful long way from the Pampas.

If you return to this area, I suggest you do your best to fly to La Paz so you don't have to retrace your earlier trip. From there, your choice of travelling to Cochabamba, Santa Cruz and then cross the northern Chaco on the "Tren de la Muerte" is a sound idea. This will bring you to Corumba at the edge of the Panatanal. Don't miss visiting the Pantanal, which is awesome. It seems there are several agencies selling tours to the Pantanal in the main square in Corumba, but it's a buyer beware situation, so make sure you will be getting exactly what is offered.

If this is the right Bonito, there will then be a bus from Corumba

On your first trip down the coast, you are going to see a lifetime's worth of Pampa between Southern Brazil all the way down to Patagonia. Frankly I don't think you will want to see more on this second trip. If this is the right Bonito, I would do Iguassu on this second trip, for obvious reasons. You might be able to fly back from Asuncion to Quito.

Let me know if I have the right place, or if there is still another Bonito in Argentina.

Cheers
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aliveagain
post Feb 14 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Feb 10 2008, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(aliveagain @ Feb 10 2008, 03:03 PM) *

Hello Aliveagain,

Cheers
Martin

Cheers
Martin

Hi,
Me again. It's not easy to find your Bonito! Is this the one?
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...27000/tpod.html
This one is in Mato Grosso do Sul in Brasil. It is certainly near Paraguay, but an awful long way from the Pampas.

If you return to this area, I suggest you do your best to fly to La Paz so you don't have to retrace your earlier trip. From there, your choice of travelling to Cochabamba, Santa Cruz and then cross the northern Chaco on the "Tren de la Muerte" is a sound idea. This will bring you to Corumba at the edge of the Panatanal. Don't miss visiting the Pantanal, which is awesome. It seems there are several agencies selling tours to the Pantanal in the main square in Corumba, but it's a buyer beware situation, so make sure you will be getting exactly what is offered.

If this is the right Bonito, there will then be a bus from Corumba

On your first trip down the coast, you are going to see a lifetime's worth of Pampa between Southern Brazil all the way down to Patagonia. Frankly I don't think you will want to see more on this second trip. If this is the right Bonito, I would do Iguassu on this second trip, for obvious reasons. You might be able to fly back from Asuncion to Quito.

Let me know if I have the right place, or if there is still another Bonito in Argentina.

Cheers
Martin

Hey,
sorry I confused pampas with pantanel i think.... but anyways the problem with iguasso falls is that i would have already been there... What other place could I stop somewhere around there but not iguasso... i dont want to go into paraguay cuase i hear theres nothing there...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 15 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Tripper

Aha! Now we have it. Am I right in thinking you will be ending up your second journey in Bonita, and then on to B.A.? If this is the case, and if I were you, I would stay along the Brazil/Uruguay/Argentine coast on your first trip down, and do Iguassu on your second trip through the interior. I hazard a guess that you will be about 8 or 9 hours by bus from the falls at Bonita.

Other than the Pantanal, there is little to see in this area of Brazil (Mato Grosso do Sul), and even less on the Paraguay side.

The falls will be on your direct route from Bonita to Buenos Aires. If you visit the falls, you will probably end up at some point in Asuncion, which is what the world was like 30 years ago. Have a look at some of these blogs to give you a better idea: http://www.travelpod.com/blogs/0/Paraguay/Asuncion.html

You may be interested in visiting the old Jesuit missions in Paraguay and Argentina. There isn't much left to see, but the history is fascinating. Did you see the movie "The Mission", the 1986 film with Robert DeNiro and Jeremy Irons? Look for it at your local video store. http://www.travelpod.com/cgi-bin/keyword2....guay%20missions

From Asuncion to Buenos Aires there are good, albeit long, surface connections, but nothing much to see on the route.

By the way, if you have time at Iguassu, try to visit the amazing Itaipu Dam. If I'm not much mistaken it is still the largest hydro-electric project in the world, though I think it will be surpassed by the Chinese one at the Yangzee Gorges when that is operational.

Cheers
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 02:45 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Argentina

Buenos Aires Hotels
Cafayate Hotels
Capilla del Monte Hotels
Carilo Hotels
Chacras de Coria Hotels
Cordoba Hotels
Corrientes Hotels
El Bolson Hotels
El Calafate Hotels
El Chalten Hotels
Esquel Hotels
La Cumbre Hotels
La Falda Hotels
Mar del Plata Hotels
Mendoza Hotels
Neuquen Hotels
Pilar Hotels
Pinamar Hotels
Puerto Iguazu Hotels
Puerto Madryn Hotels
Puerto Piramides Hotels
Purmamarca Hotels
Rosario Hotels
Salta Hotels
San Antonio de Areco Hotels
San Carlos de Bariloche Hotels
San Juan Hotels
San Martin de los Andes Hotels
San Miguel de Tucuman Hotels
San Rafael Hotels
San Salvador de Jujuy Hotels
Santa Fe Hotels
Tigre Hotels
Tilcara Hotels
Trelew Hotels
Ushuaia Hotels
Villa Carlos Paz Hotels
Villa General Belgrano Hotels
Villa Gesell Hotels
Villa La Angostura Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.