Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Iguaza Falls and Bariloche
dleventhal
post Feb 7 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 131398
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello,

Thank you for the previous replies to my question about Bariloche. I have my tickets purchased, and am now figuring out what do in between smile.gif

Can someone please help on the following?

1) Can,and should, we fly to Iguazu Falls from BA and do it in one day, or do we stay overnight there? Is it necessary to spend the night or is a day trip sufficient?

2) If we go to Bariloche, how many nights would you spend there?

3) Do you think it is feasible to do BA, Igauzu, Bariloche, and fly to Santiago, Chile from Bariloche?

4) Are the vineyards better in Mendoza or outside Santiago in the Maipo Valley?

Thanks for your help!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
andrea
post Feb 7 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Globetrotter

Group: Members
Member No.: 2
Nominate me as a Local Expert

1) I would recommend staying over night in Foz and seeing the falls from the Brazilian side one day AND the Argentinian side the other day. Both sides are really different and worth going to.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Feb 8 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

1. I agree with Andrea, but it's all a matter of time. Do you have the extra day to spare? Will it take a day from somewhere else? Judging by the available flights, a one-day visit would allow you to see only the Argentine side of the falls. It's your call!

2. Bariloche is a very attractive but relatively small lakeside town. nevertheless the surroundings are spectacular. Personally I would spend a minimum of two full days there. Here is a nice itinerary:

DAY 01: Bariloche
Flight BUE to BRC. Stay overnight.

DAY 02: Bariloche - Surroundings
In the morning and after breakfast start your tour of the surroundings of San Carlos de Bariloche city with the excursion to Circuito Chico. Visit Swiss Colony, Cerro Lopez, Villa Llao Llao, Cerro Otto and Lookout Point. In the afternoon visit Cerro Catedral (in winter, the country's main ski complex). Return to the hotel. Stay overnight.

DAY 03: Bariloche - Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest - After breakfast go to Puerto Pa˝uelo, along scenic Av. Bustillo, and start a boat trip over the waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi to visit Victoria Island and the Enchanted Forest in Los Arrayanes National Park. Return to the hotel. Stay overnight.

DAY 04: Bariloche
After breakfast, off to the airport for the 10:20 flight to SCL.

3. Yes, it's possible to fly from BRC to SCL (Santiago). LAN has a direct flight, but it's not daily. Will you then come back to BUE? You may be able to get an "open-jaw" ticket with LAN, into BUE and out of SCL. Depending on time available, you might look into the famous lake crossing of the Andes from Bariloche to Puerto Montt, Chile, then fly on a daily domestic flight from there to SCL. If you do this, drop Day 2 from the above programme.

http://www.enjoy-patagonia.org/bariloche.php
http://www.limaytravel.com.ar/promo_i.php?id=38

4. If you ask Argentineans they will say Mendoza. If you ask Chileans they will say the Central Valley. To me it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. If you go to SCL, you can visit the best vineyards on a day excursion.

Hope this helps
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:00 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Argentina

Buenos Aires Hotels
Cafayate Hotels
Capilla del Monte Hotels
Carilo Hotels
Chacras de Coria Hotels
Cordoba Hotels
Corrientes Hotels
El Bolson Hotels
El Calafate Hotels
El Chalten Hotels
Esquel Hotels
La Cumbre Hotels
La Falda Hotels
Mar del Plata Hotels
Mendoza Hotels
Neuquen Hotels
Pilar Hotels
Pinamar Hotels
Puerto Iguazu Hotels
Puerto Madryn Hotels
Puerto Piramides Hotels
Purmamarca Hotels
Rosario Hotels
Salta Hotels
San Antonio de Areco Hotels
San Carlos de Bariloche Hotels
San Juan Hotels
San Martin de los Andes Hotels
San Miguel de Tucuman Hotels
San Rafael Hotels
San Salvador de Jujuy Hotels
Santa Fe Hotels
Tigre Hotels
Tilcara Hotels
Trelew Hotels
Ushuaia Hotels
Villa Carlos Paz Hotels
Villa General Belgrano Hotels
Villa Gesell Hotels
Villa La Angostura Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.