Mactan Island has long been " The Hidden Jewel of Cebu". Let me list just a few of Mactan Islands interests:
Home of the:
1. Top Beach Resorts in Cebu City. With over 10 top ranked beach resorts for Cebu.
2. Cebu's Most Famous Filipino Cultural Center - Top ranked Restaurant and Show for Cebu and Mactan Island on the Worlds No.1 Travel Guide Trip Advisor. com. The Jungle Restaurant and Cultural Entertainment Center. Showcasing the best of the Filipino Cultural Dance and Variety Shows. http://thejunglerestaurant.weebly.com
3. Diving and Island Hopping Meca of Cebu. --- With more dive shops and island hopping tours available than any other island. Geographicaly located in the middle of all great islands of Cebu.
4. Contains the best reef diving of any islands
5. Nightlife is second to none, with over 100 Resto's, Disco's, Nightclubs, Bars.
6. Home to amazing Culture and History , with The Jungle Cultural Center, Mactan Shirne, Allerge Guitar Factory, Lapu Lapu Marker, Magellen's Marker, and many more.
7. White Sand beaches on 60 % of the coastlines.
8. Mactan Island Aquarium -- Only place in Cebu to view all the different species of Fish and Corals, Shells and Ocean Species of the Philippines.
9. Sea Walker - Only place to experience the amazing walk on the bottom of the Ocean in Cebu.
10. The International Mactan Airport --- From plane to hotel less than 15 minutes. All international arrivals come to Mactan.
I could go on, they are many more exciting and wonderful things to do and witness on Mactan Island.
Quite, not so crowded
Affordable, tourist have not driven up prices yet.
Best Seafoods and Entertainment
Peaceful and Great for Family's
Only 30 minute drive to Cebu City
If traveling to Cebu, you will not hear much about Mactan Island as you do about all the other Islands. But its a secret you should benefit from. Get all the same great adventure and accomidations but with a more relaxing atomosphere.
You dont hear alot about Mactan Island, becasue all the big money people in the tourist industry have their money invested in Bohol, Boracay, Palawan, and many others. So take advantage of this best kept secret and visit this place.