Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visiting the City of Mexico in March
greekcypriot
post Jan 16 2010, 12:31 PM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 273790

I have just found cheap tickets for the city of Mexico for the 15th of March.
Could somebody inform me please about the weather conditions in Mexico city during this time before I make any reservations.
I tried to find more on the internet but I need to have some help from members on TravelPod as well.
Is it worth visiting Mexico during this season, or should I wait and come a couple of months later?
Thanking you in advance.

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 16 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Member No.: 2195

March is a great month to visit Mexico. If you have a cheap ticket...go for it. Mexico is one of the world's great city, and grossly unappreciated by travel writers.

It's a wondeful city full of interesting places. One drawback is that it's even more smoggy than Athens. On the other hand, if you can take Athens, mexico should be no problem for you.

One of the best Travelpod reports I could find is this one, that has prolific photography.

This the the official Mexican Tourism Office website.

Buen Viaje!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jan 17 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Martin thanks for the information.
I was unlucky however because the tickets were just 4, and by the time I saw my husband and tell him the tickets were sold out.
The cost was just 400 euros including taxes. It was a real bargain wasn't it?
I am so sorry.....but I keep looking for bargains.

"It's a wondeful city full of interesting places. One drawback is that it's even more smoggy than Athens. On the other hand, if you can take Athens, mexico should be no problem for you"

The above paragraph from your note made me smile......
No, I cannot stand Athens. I get to Athens just to see my children and do some shopping or go to the theatre or Music Hall. Nothing else. I just hate big cities!
We live in Evia and it is much better here. Country life! Fields and valleys, fresh vegetables, fruit, and long walks.
However, I have to visit Mexico soon just for the experience anyway.

--------------------
My LATEST BLOGS: Marmari, Vasa, and CYPRUS, the Unique Destination for Business and Holidays!!!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 18 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Tripper

Sorry you missed the Mexico airfares. Keep ypur eyes skinned.

Did you see the other forum "Buy Now or Wait"? This is a striking example of "Buy Now...Don't Wait".

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jan 18 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Ok Martin I was really unlucky because the tickets were quite cheap.
I am a person who usually books earlier, but the reason why I did not want to book this time is that my daughter-in-law is a diplomat and very soon she will have to leave Greece for a foreign country and stay there for 3 years.
One of her choices besides NY is Mexico, so I thought to wait since we shall know in a short time from now where they are heading to!

If she moves to Mexico, it means that I will have the chance to stay more, plus visit other nearby countries as well.
So, the near future is quite promising for me as I will be travelling a lot.
I am really excited, but I have to be a bit patient.
Thanks for all the information you sent me, and I am sure other members will find it helpful.

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 18 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #6

Tripper

Wow! Your daughter-in-law must be well connected. She is being selected for two of the world's great cities! Lucky mother-in-law!

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
greekcypriot
post Jan 19 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Rolling Stone

No Martin we still don't know for sure. The places will be announced probably next month, but she strongly believes it is either of the two.
No matter where they will be, I will be flying there. The worst of all is to be taken to Iran or Afganistan for instance! I will be bringing you war news! hyper.gif
Well, I don't believe it will be these two countries .....but who knows?
I have to wait and see.

--------------------

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
visor2040
post Feb 19 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #8

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 265452

QUOTE(mmbcross @ Jan 17 2010, 12:19 AM) *

It's a wondeful city full of interesting places. One drawback is that it's even more smoggy than Athens. On the other hand, if you can take Athens, mexico should be no problem for you.

No it's not no.gif
IPB Image

That picture was taken a month ago and the air has been pretty much the same since thanks to the rain we get every two to three days (that should be over when winter is over though sad.gif).

OP check here for any special activities during your time in Mexico City. If you can postpone your trip to September it would be ideal, we are celebrating 200 years of being indie (lol) and the independence day celebrations are in september (of course it being 200 years we are having a party all year but that month is special).

Come celebrate with us, the more the merrier! party.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 10:33 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Mexico

Acapulco Hotels
Aguascalientes Hotels
Akumal Hotels
Cabo San Lucas Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Chihuahua Hotels
Ciudad Juarez Hotels
Cuernavaca Hotels
Guadalajara Hotels
Guanajuato Hotels
Hermosillo Hotels
Huatulco Hotels
La Paz Hotels
Leon Hotels
Manzanillo Hotels
Mazatlan Hotels
Merida Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Monterrey Hotels
Morelia Hotels
Nuevo Vallarta Hotels
Oaxaca Hotels
Playa Paraiso Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puebla Hotels
Puerto Aventuras Hotels
Puerto Morelos Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Queretaro Hotels
Saltillo Hotels
San Cristobal de las Casas Hotels
San Jose Del Cabo Hotels
San Luis Potosí Hotels
San Miguel de Allende Hotels
Tampico Hotels
Tijuana Hotels
Tulum Hotels
Veracruz Hotels
Villahermosa Hotels
Zihuatanejo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.