Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions about Jetstar
thomsen90
post Jan 10 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 649021

Hi,

I'm from Denmark and completely new to this forum.
In april i'm going to travel around the world with a friend, and many of our flight tickets are booked at jetstar.com. I have never used this airline before, and have a couple of questions:

In one of our bookings, we've forgot to write my friends middle name in the booking? Is this going to create any problems for us?

On a Jetstar plane from Brisbane to Singapore, we are going to stop-over in Darwin. Is it our own responsibility to carry our checked-in-luggage to the plane that heads for Singapore, or will Jetstar do that for us?

Thank you very much,
Rasmus
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
introducinlyric
post Jan 10 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 56605

Hi Rasmus

Jetstar is one of Australia's budget airline carriers and furthermore it is the budget equivalent to Qantas, Australia's national carrier.
with Jetstar the price of ticket only covers the flight nothing more everything else will come with a price , meals , headsets etc etc
i dont think the middle name thing will be a problem
Jetsat should carry on your checked in luggage to singapore like most other carriers do with connecting flights so there shouldnt be any problems there
if in doubt you could always just check their website Jetstar

--------------------
Do You Want The Truth or Something Beautiful?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
thomsen90
post Jan 11 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 649021

QUOTE(introducinlyric @ Jan 10 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Hi Rasmus

Jetstar is one of Australia's budget airline carriers and furthermore it is the budget equivalent to Qantas, Australia's national carrier.
with Jetstar the price of ticket only covers the flight nothing more everything else will come with a price , meals , headsets etc etc
i dont think the middle name thing will be a problem
Jetsat should carry on your checked in luggage to singapore like most other carriers do with connecting flights so there shouldnt be any problems there
if in doubt you could always just check their website Jetstar

Hey..

Thank you very much for your answer.
I will go check out their website, to find out more wink.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tdiamant
post Feb 12 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 746661

QUOTE(thomsen90 @ Jan 10 2010, 03:30 PM) *

Hi,

I'm from Denmark and completely new to this forum.
In april i'm going to travel around the world with a friend, and many of our flight tickets are booked at jetstar.com. I have never used this airline before, and have a couple of questions:

In one of our bookings, we've forgot to write my friends middle name in the booking? Is this going to create any problems for us?

On a Jetstar plane from Brisbane to Singapore, we are going to stop-over in Darwin. Is it our own responsibility to carry our checked-in-luggage to the plane that heads for Singapore, or will Jetstar do that for us?

Thank you very much,
Rasmus

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
tdiamant
post Feb 12 2010, 04:06 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 746661

Hi Rasmus,

You've probably already flown by now but if not be careful with Jetstar, below is my experience with Jetstar just this past week.

We will never fly with Jetstar again. We booked 2 StarClass seats from Brisbane through Sydney to Denpasar return for $5200. The flight from Brisbane to Sydney was ok.

The flight from Sydney to Denpasar was delayed 3 hours. When we called the JetStar flight update number they said the flight was on time as scheduled - even though we phoned 2 hours after it was scheduled to believe. When I pointed out that I was calling from Sydney airport and that it was 2 hours past the scheduled departure time the agent became abrupt and hung up. We eventually arrived in Bali 3 hours late and missed the first night of our holiday.

After a nice week in Bali we arrive at the Denpasar airport to be told that our flight was delayed for 3 hours due to bad weather, which turned out to be a lie, the cabin crew advised it was an engineering issue. So we now had 5 hours wait at an airport that had no JetStar representative with any authority when we could have been enjoying an extra 3 hours having a meal in Kuta. Interestingly when you ring JetStar and spend the inevitable 15 minutes waiting for an answer the advertising says that you never need to check flight times because if you're not contacted ahead of time your flight will leave as scheduled - definitely not our experience. To add insult to injury after not delivering one flight on time they charged us $240 for excessive baggage - so we paid $5200 for flights that never left on time and then an additional $240 to have our luggage wait also.

We then arrived at Sydney and missed our connecting flight to Brisbane, JetStar not so graciously moved us to a flight 3 hours later with 1 business class (paid for) seat and one economy (even though we'd paid for business).

I've called JetStar today and spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them with the result being I need to download a form, post it to them and they'll get back to me in 28 days. Not really great customer service considering when I booked my $5200 seats I had to pay on the spot. I eventually spoke to 4 different JetStar agents who provided differing stories around the process to seek re-imbursement for the poor service - someone was lying but no one would admit to it. The phone agents then - with calls recorded - admitted to me that the JetStar service was poor and not fair based on what we'd paid for our tickets. I asked for copies of the recordings and was told that they were for JetStar's use only. This is not over for us, we will continue to fight for re-imbursement.

There is no other airline that would treat customers in this manner and so blatantly not care about it. I advise everyone to stay as far away from JetStar as possible.

Good luck!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:07 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.