Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Venezuela in April
ranieri1981
post Jan 23 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 130877

I am planning a trip with my girlfriend to Venezuela in the last week of April for a week and was hoping someone would help me out with some suggestions. We are looking for a trip with a lot of culture and adventure. That is also safe. We are willing to pay for a tour guide. Are there any suggestions for places and any referrals for tour guides?

I was looking into the Angel Falls area but it will be in its dry season and didn't hear much about it during that season. I also didn't find anything about the 7 day adventure that a tour offered. Do you think 7 days would be better spent traveling to different areas?

Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 23 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

QUOTE(ranieri1981 @ Jan 23 2008, 03:15 PM) *

I am planning a trip with my girlfriend to Venezuela in the last week of April for a week and was hoping someone would help me out with some suggestions. We are looking for a trip with a lot of culture and adventure. That is also safe. We are willing to pay for a tour guide. Are there any suggestions for places and any referrals for tour guides?

I was looking into the Angel Falls area but it will be in its dry season and didn't hear much about it during that season. I also didn't find anything about the 7 day adventure that a tour offered. Do you think 7 days would be better spent traveling to different areas?

Can't help much I'm afraid, but unless you are a jungle bunny, 7 days at Angel Falls will drive you insane. I recommend trying to include Los Roques in your plans. Check out the Venezuela travel blogs http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-count...zuela/tpod.html. Also click on "tours" at the top of the page. I know a Brit who lived in Venezuela and has an agency in Atlanta. Look up his site. http://www.lostworldadventures.com/countri...zuela/index.htm
Good luck and Cheers
Martin

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sheenasumaria
post Jan 29 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 109787

QUOTE(ranieri1981 @ Jan 23 2008, 04:15 PM) *

Hi,

The Gran Sabana would be a good option to explore, also in the Bolivar state of Venezuela. You can do a 6 day hike to Roraiama, or do a tour exploring the beautiful tepuys. Also in Bolivar are tours to the Rio Orinoco and Kaura, where you can stay with small indigenous communities (although I am not sure if they would be running in the dry season). Another option to explore for 7 days, if you want a bit more variety and adventure is Merida in the Andes. Nearby there are loads of small, traditional villages to explore (would recommend Los Nevados)...and a lot of adventure activities such as canyoning and paragliding. There are several good tour agencies near Parque Heroinas in Merida...From Merida you can catch a 4 day tour to Los Llanos (the grasslands of Venezuela), which by April should have a lot of wildlife. I have some pictures of these places on my blog (all except the Gran Sabana - haven´t made it there yet!) Hope that helps at least!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:46 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Venezuela

Barcelona Hotels
Barinas Hotels
Barquisimeto Hotels
Caracas Hotels
Carupano Hotels
Catia La Mar Hotels
Choroni Hotels
Chuspa Hotels
Ciudad Bolivar Hotels
Ciudad Guayana Hotels
Coro Hotels
Cumana Hotels
El Cardon Hotels
El Playon Hotels
El Tigre Hotels
El Yaque Hotels
Elorza Hotels
Higuerote Hotels
Juan Griego Hotels
La Colonia Tovar Hotels
Macuto Hotels
Maiquetia Hotels
Maracaibo Hotels
Maracay Hotels
Maturin Hotels
Merida Hotels
Naguanagua Hotels
Pampatar Hotels
Pedro Gonzáles Hotels
Playa Parguito Hotels
Playa el Agua Hotels
Porlamar Hotels
Puerto La Cruz Hotels
Punta Fijo Hotels
Rio Caribe Hotels
San Antonio del Tachira Hotels
San Cristobal Hotels
San Felipe Hotels
Santa Elena de Uairen Hotels
Valencia Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.