Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Travelling through Spain, June 2008
desdemone
post Jan 17 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 127479
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and myself would like to travel through Spain this summer. We would like to visit friends in Barcellona first and then rent a car there to travel around (we have return flight from Malaga, where we would return the car).
We have two weeks to go around and travel. So far we have decided to visit: Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seviglia, Cadiz (where we would stay a few days for sunshine), Malaga.

Could anyone recommend some good Hostels in: Valencia, Granada, Seviglia and Malaga and a hotel in Cadiz?

Thanks a lot
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mmbcross
post Jan 17 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #2

Tripper

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 2195

QUOTE(desdemone @ Jan 17 2008, 02:11 AM) *

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and myself would like to travel through Spain this summer. We would like to visit friends in Barcellona first and then rent a car there to travel around (we have return flight from Malaga, where we would return the car).
We have two weeks to go around and travel. So far we have decided to visit: Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Seviglia, Cadiz (where we would stay a few days for sunshine), Malaga.

Could anyone recommend some good Hostels in: Valencia, Granada, Seviglia and Malaga and a hotel in Cadiz?

Thanks a lot

Hi,
I'm going to leave the recommendations for accommodation to someone who has been to Spain more recently than I have. Nevertheless I have a couple of suggestions. Don't miss Cordoba to see the incredible Moorish/Christian cathedral - you have never seen a cathedral like this! Don't miss a visit to Gibraltar. It's cute, unusual and you can get great fish and chips and English beer. Try to drive through the tunnels and don't feed the apes. Last but not least, I compare Cadiz to Marseilles and Naples, that is to say, fascinating port cities, but a bit rough around the edges. Read up a lot on Cadiz and make sure you are not staying in the wrong part of town.
You have a great itinerary - enjoy.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ScottWoz
post Jan 17 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 124

Agree on the accommodation advice. Was in Spain for a couple of months last year and had 'normal' experiences in the way of accommodation. You'll find plenty, of good value.

Regarding Gib and the 'great fish and chips and English beer', this applies to much of south-coastal Spain as it's been totally over-run by Brits, many of them the wrong kind. If you can get away from (and look past) all that it's a beautiful place, just don't expect the fish and chips to be truly representative of our national dish. I'd highly recommend Granada and the Alhambra Palace though, also if you get chance Jerez is well worth a visit, both of them among the best 'real Spanish' encounters I had over there. It all depends on what you want I guess. What sort of things are you interested in seeing?

--------------------
Woz..

Living on a string of one-way tickets - currently kicking about in: southern Cambodia
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
apartment
post Jan 18 2008, 05:13 AM
Post #4

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 52319
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Good morning,

There are plenty of hotel options in all cities, but a very good hotel group I can recommend is www.solmelia.com with hotels in all the cities you wish to visit. If you are looking for hostels, www.hostels.com is very good.

Hope this helps.

Bard
Malaga

QUOTE(desdemone @ Jan 17 2008, 09:11 AM) *

Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 10:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.