Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Israel stamp, No Israel stamp please!
vass_jns
post Jan 16 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 126979

Can i avoid the israel stamp in my passport on the border?
After Israel i would like to travel islamic countries, and they will not "happy", if i have the israle stamp in my pass.
Is it nessesery on the border, or i can do something?

please help!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Jan 16 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

I have read a number of times that you should ask for your stamp on a separate piece of paper. Cut one out and insert it into your passport before you cross the border. The Israeli border officials will accommodate b/c they understand that their stamp causes many travel issues for people.

"Not Happy" is for sure. You'll likely be refused entry in certain countries.

Check out the forum on Lightstalkers, there's some good info from people's previous experiences. Read all the way through.

The Entry-Exit Stamp Game

There's some info if you want to read about it yourself.

Take care smile.gif

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
laorfamily
post Jan 16 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Vagabond

Member No.: 30320

It shouldn't be an issue, just make sure to ask for it.

--------------------
Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Going Down South to North Carolina
Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
vass_jns
post Jan 16 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 126979

I will try it!
And in february i will share my result!
Thanx!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Jan 16 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 13336

Awesome! I'm sure it'll all work out smile.gif

Have a really great time!

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gazton99
post Jan 20 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 129142

QUOTE(vass_jns @ Jan 16 2008, 08:36 AM) *

After Israel i would like to travel islamic countries, and they will not "happy", if i have the israle stamp in my pass.

please help!

of course ! You have to say to the plice man of the passeport that you don't want any stamp on the passeport, and he will not do anything. Don't say him that you want to go in islamic country after that, just say that you don't want any stamp on you passport
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
skylab
post Oct 4 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #7

World Traveler

Member No.: 228012

QUOTE(tlh908 @ Oct 3 2008, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(vass_jns @ Jan 16 2008, 09:36 AM) *

please help!

Actually it depends on the Islamic country. Jordan and Egypt are open to tourist from Israel....

Yeah.
I've done a pretty good research on this. I have plans to go from Iseral to Egypt.

--------------------
DJSkylab.com: My blog :)
ArtOfBackpacking.com: Backpacking Independent International Traveler
Facebook
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -Andy Warhol
"My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough." -Noel Coward
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
raniroo
post Oct 4 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #8

Sightseer

Member No.: 19411

Israel will stamp on a seperate piece of paper. However, if you have an exit or entry stamp from a land border crossing into or out of Israel you will be refused entry into many of the Islamic countries (Kuwait, UAE, Saudi, Oman, Syria etc).

--------------------
If you really look like your passport photo, you need the holiday!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul
post Oct 8 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Navigator

Member No.: 98

Interesting.

Has anyone got a full list of the countries that won't accept you?

And does it work the other way? ie. Does Isreal not let you in if you have been to certain countries?

Also has anyone got the official reason why this is the case? Are they scared you will have Israel germs or?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stereobread
post Mar 31 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #10

Wayfarer

Member No.: 269026

I'm not sure whether this is the right place or not to ask but what about that exit stamp? Assuming getting the Israelis not to stamp your passport isn't a problem you've still got the issue of the Jordanians right?

One of the options I've been considering for my next trip would take me through the Middle East, I was planning on heading from Istanbul to Cairo overland but I know the Egyptians would give me an entry stamp at the border that would restrict me from going to a number of other countries so I was thinking about just taking the ferry from Aqaba to somewhere in Egypt and maybe, if I can get assurances that the Jordanians won't give me any incriminating passport stamps, going to Jerusalem and back from Amman.

So how about it? If I went from Jordan to Israel then back to Jordan by the same border crossing would I be able to avoid all of the stamps or just the actual Israeli ones?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rbisset
post Apr 1 2009, 05:28 AM
Post #11

Planet Pioneer

Member No.: 692

I've just reversed the entire plan for my next big trip to include Israel. Going to be a logistical nightmare with the visas.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aopaq
post Apr 1 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #12

Tripper

Member No.: 893

QUOTE(stereobread @ Mar 31 2009, 07:00 PM) *

I'm not sure whether this is the right place or not to ask but what about that exit stamp? Assuming getting the Israelis not to stamp your passport isn't a problem you've still got the issue of the Jordanians right?

One of the options I've been considering for my next trip would take me through the Middle East, I was planning on heading from Istanbul to Cairo overland but I know the Egyptians would give me an entry stamp at the border that would restrict me from going to a number of other countries so I was thinking about just taking the ferry from Aqaba to somewhere in Egypt and maybe, if I can get assurances that the Jordanians won't give me any incriminating passport stamps, going to Jerusalem and back from Amman.

So how about it? If I went from Jordan to Israel then back to Jordan by the same border crossing would I be able to avoid all of the stamps or just the actual Israeli ones?

I am not sure why you are worried about the Egyptian or Jordanian passport stamps. As far as I know, that should have no effect with you gaining entry into Islamic countries such as Syria, Iran and Pakistan. It is the Israeli stamp that you need to avoid if you want to visit these countries.
Be aware that I have also heard that people were denied entry into Syria when it was obvious that they came from Egypt and travelled through Israel to Jordan even though their passports had no Israeli stamps!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rbisset
post Apr 1 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #13

Planet Pioneer

Member No.: 692

Travelling from Istanbul to Cairo won't really cause any problems. Jordan and Egypt both let you in if you have an Israeli stamp so there is no problem there. Syria and Lebanon won't let you in but if you are working south from Turkey then you'll have already been there.

It would mean you would need to arrange a new passport once you got home though, if you planned to go to other Islamic countries like Iran.

But you are right. If you planned to go north and travel through the same border between Jordan and Israel then you'd need both borders to stamp a separate piece of paper. That way it would look like you had never left Jordan.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stereobread
post Apr 1 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #14

Wayfarer

[/quote]
Be aware that I have also heard that people were denied entry into Syria when it was obvious that they came from Egypt and travelled through Israel to Jordan even though their passports had no Israeli stamps!
[/quote]

That's what I mean, even if I didn't have an actual Israeli entrance stamp the specific Jordanian or Egyptian exit/entry stamp indicating that I had left or entered the country via Israel would mean that I wouldn't be able to travel to Islamic countries. I know it wouldn't matter for this particular route but I'd still like to know if it's possible to get the Jordanians not to stamp my passport at the Allenby Bridge so that it would look like I'd never left Jordan.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
aopaq
post Apr 1 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #15

Tripper

Member No.: 893

My understanding is that it can be a bit "hit a miss" with the Jordan stamps but I think explaining to the border guard your reason is the best you can do. I have also heard that requesting Israel not to stamp your passport is not 100% guaranteed. In both cases, it seems to rely partly on the particular day and border crossing guard you deal with.

Nothing ever seems to be certain with any visa-type situation for any country has been my experience.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
huckabmm
post Apr 1 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #16

Pathfinder

Member No.: 264395

QUOTE(Paul @ Oct 8 2008, 08:44 PM) *

Also has anyone got the official reason why this is the case? Are they scared you will have Israel germs or?

I'm not certain but it may be because these countries refuse to acknowledge Israeli sovereignty??? Maybe?

--------------------
-Matt

"Be a traveler, not a tourist."
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Give Life

My upcoming trips:
1. A week at the Outer Banks, NC; June '10
2. Somewhere in South America, Early 2011
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hajjabdullah
post Jun 1 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 280682

QUOTE(stereobread @ Mar 31 2009, 06:00 PM) *

The Jordanian stamp that says "Allenby Bridge" is a dead give away that you have not just come from Egypt! The Israeli stamp on a separate sheet of paper is thus, largely meaningless. Lots of people you think would mind do not seem to. I got into Saudi with no problems, they just wanted to see my Saudi visa and didnt care where else I had been.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
stereobread
post Jun 2 2009, 12:39 AM
Post #18

Wayfarer

QUOTE(hajjabdullah @ Jun 1 2009, 10:01 PM) *

The Jordanian stamp that says "Allenby Bridge" is a dead give away that you have not just come from Egypt! The Israeli stamp on a separate sheet of paper is thus, largely meaningless. Lots of people you think would mind do not seem to. I got into Saudi with no problems, they just wanted to see my Saudi visa and didnt care where else I had been.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I was hoping there was some way to get the Jordanian stamp on a separate sheet of paper as well as the Israeli stamp. As you said having the Israeli stamp on a separate piece of paper is meaningless if you've got a Jordanian stamp that says it's from the Allenby Bridge border crossing. So if at all possible the best thing to do would be to enter Jordan from Syria getting a Jordanian entry stamp there, then get both the Jordanian and Israeli border guards to stamp a separate piece of paper to enter Israel, then do the same thing to get back into Jordan, then take the ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba and get a Jordanian exit stamp there. That way it looks like you entered Jordan from Syria and exited to Egypt without going to Israel at all.

I don't know if this is possible or feasible but if it is that's how I would prefer to do it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
scottygirl
post Jul 8 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 285430

Hey,

What about traveling into Palestine (Bethlehem) and back? Is this more likely to get your passport stamped?

Cheers!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hajjabdullah
post Jul 8 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 280682

QUOTE(scottygirl @ Jul 8 2009, 05:25 AM) *

Hey,

What about traveling into Palestine (Bethlehem) and back? Is this more likely to get your passport stamped?

Cheers!

You need an Israeli visa to get into the country, including the occupied territories. This can be on a separate piece of paper that you need to show the guards at the border to cross from Palestine into Israel. You can go the other way with no passport check as the PA lets anyone in. If you are going to Syria, you will have to lie on your visa application however, and this I would be careful of. Go there first if you can. Bon Voyage, and you will love the people in Palestine. I'm going again next week.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:38 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Israel

Acre Hotels
Arad Hotels
Aravot Hajarden Hotels
Ashdod Hotels
Ashkelon Hotels
Bat Yam Hotels
Beersheba Hotels
Caesarea Hotels
Dor Hotels
Eilat Hotels
Ein Bokek Hotels
Ein Gedi Hotels
Ein Kerem Hotels
Ginosar Hotels
Hafetz Hayim Hotels
Haifa Hotels
Herzlia Hotels
Hevel Eilot Hotels
Hof Carmel Hotels
Jaffa Hotels
Jerusalem Hotels
Jordan Valley Hotels
Kfar Blum Hotels
Kfar Giladi Hotels
Manot Hotels
Mizpe Ramon Hotels
Nahariya Hotels
Nazareth Hotels
Nes Ammim Hotels
Netanya Hotels
Neve Ativ Hotels
Ramat Gan Hotels
Ramot Menashe Hotels
Rosh Pina Hotels
Safed Hotels
Shoresh Hotels
Tel Aviv Hotels
Tiberias Hotels
Yesod Hamaala Hotels
Zichron Yaakov Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.