Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google analytics on Travelpod
dna.trips
post Jan 5 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 627831
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi everyone!
We are new to travelpod. We used another travel blog website before which let us use Google analytics. We are wondering if it's possible to use it with this website as well. We tried a few times without success. Can anyone help?
Thanks you !! smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jan 5 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

No, you can't use Google Analytics with this website.

You can use the stats section at http://www.travelpod.com/dashboard/tools/stats

It's pretty cool in its own right.

Just curious, what site were you using before?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jan 5 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Pathfinder

Group: TP Staff
Member No.: 164003

QUOTE(dna.trips @ Jan 5 2010, 02:23 PM) *

Hi everyone!
We are new to travelpod. We used another travel blog website before which let us use Google analytics. We are wondering if it's possible to use it with this website as well. We tried a few times without success. Can anyone help?
Thanks you !! smile.gif

Hi guys! Welcome to the neighborhood!

You can actually get some basic stats directly from your Dashboard. Once you're logged in, just go to http://www.travelpod.com/dashboard/stats or you can find the link under the Tools menu.

There's currently no way to include the full blown Google Analytics tracking code on your blog.

However, we'd love to hear any feedback you have about the Stats page as we're always looking to improve it.

Happy travels!

Eric
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dna.trips
post Jan 5 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Oh.. what a bummer. We loved using google analytics. Thank you for your quick answer!
We were using travellerspoint.com but thought this website was a little more user friendly for our friends and family to follow our blog.. but without google analytics it has lost a bit of its appeal.
We did visit the stats page but it only has a fraction of the information from Google analytics.
Thanks again for your response!!! smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Jan 5 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Pathfinder

QUOTE(dna.trips @ Jan 5 2010, 02:37 PM) *

Oh.. what a bummer. We loved using google analytics. Thank you for your quick answer!
We were using travellerspoint.com but thought this website was a little more user friendly for our friends and family to follow our blog.. but without google analytics it has lost a bit of its appeal.
We did visit the stats page but it only has a fraction of the information from Google analytics.

Your friends and family will thank you for sticking with us. wink.gif

What's the one thing you check most often in Google Analytics?

We ran some tests a while back and we found that the vast majority of our members were happy with the basic stats.

That being said, we're always looking to improve the site, so send suggestions our way.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
dna.trips
post Jan 5 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #6

What we like the most about google analysis is that we can see specifically where the people who read our blogs are from. We are both Canadians, coming from different provinces, who lived in yet another province and now live in the USA.. so we have friends and family spread over a few states, provinces and cities.. It was nice to know more precisely who was reading us. We also enjoyed the feature telling us the amount of time each visitor was staying on 1 page and where they got the link from (ex. search engine).
But you are right.. I know our friends and family would still enjoy the look of this site better smile.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jacquesl
post Jan 5 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #7

Journeyer

Member No.: 17335

Hi,

Does that last comment mean you are going to stick with TavelPod ?

Cheers!

If you ever have any other problems you can post your questions here or contact support@travelpod.com!

--------------------
support@travelpod.com
Can't figure it out ...we can! Just ask us!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jeroenandlinda
post Feb 14 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #8

Drifter

Member No.: 844971

I was just wondering if this is about to change in the (near) future. I find the stats page pretty limited and the numbers shown are more guestimates that statistics. I would love to use GA on this blog, and implementing it would not be that difficult.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ericlussier
post Feb 16 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #9

Pathfinder

QUOTE(jeroenandlinda @ Feb 14 2011, 10:22 PM) *

I was just wondering if this is about to change in the (near) future. I find the stats page pretty limited and the numbers shown are more guestimates that statistics. I would love to use GA on this blog, and implementing it would not be that difficult.

Hi Jeroen,

We've experimented with Google Analytics in the past with some of our members, but we found in almost all cases, GA didn't return reliable results on a individual blog basis. In fact, the stats you see on the Dashboard Stats page are already taken from Google Analytics and you can see that the results can sometimes be a little vague.

It's something we're interested in improving, but there are no current plans.

I hope that answers your questions.

Eric
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sacah
post Mar 16 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #10

Wanderer

Member No.: 951741

Things I like about GA is seeing how long people spent reading particular pages, what search terms people used to find the page. This helps me refine what keywords I'm using as if 20 people found me using one key phrase but only spent 10seconds on the page I can figure I'm targeting the wrong key phrase and not meeting their needs.

Everything else in the Stats dashboard is great.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
wheresgordon
post Apr 3 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #11

Wanderer

Member No.: 950041

QUOTE(ericlussier @ Jan 5 2010, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(dna.trips @ Jan 5 2010, 02:37 PM) *

Your friends and family will thank you for sticking with us. wink.gif

What's the one thing you check most often in Google Analytics?

We ran some tests a while back and we found that the vast majority of our members were happy with the basic stats.

That being said, we're always looking to improve the site, so send suggestions our way.

I haven't been happy with the basic statistics. I'd like to know where my blog is being accessed from. The only information I get is the country and even that is incomplete. For instance, I've accessed the blog from Canada yet only the U.S. is shown.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:17 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.