Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any one going to India Dec 08?, Looking for advice and friends.
thetravelmate
post Apr 12 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 167033
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi becky

have a look at :www.thetravelmate.com angel1.gif

wishing u a spicy and wonderfull trip
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rishstan
post Jun 14 2008, 03:53 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 197940

hi becky,
u hav choosen the best time 2 be in india as u knw the temp is fair,i appreciate tat,but its the peak season so thrs a chance like the prices will hit its max for tourists (depends on acoomadtion u prefer).it will take almost 3 mnths xploring frm 1 end 2 the othr.As far as im concerend its not necessary 2 pre book coz u wil be havng enough hotels through out the cities plus a wide variety of choices.Incase of transportation either u can rent a car,hire a caravan with driver. rate is like 500-700min a mnth.best part with the caravan is u can cut dwn the accomodation & transport expenses.apart frm tat u can cook by u r own or if u r lucky few caravans provide fud as well.if u prefer 2 travel by train u can book online at www.irctc.co.in..Hotel fares varies frm places 2 place the cheapest u can get is frm 2 to 5 pd but it wont be an ensuite or a 3 star 3to 5 star ranges frm 10 to 30 a day .
the basic expense will cme arnd 3000-3600 for 3 mnths if u prefer .if u prefer hotels & taxis.if u prefer caravans u can cut it dwn 2 half the amt ie 1500-2500 as u knw.
i think its worth & if u hav any enquries plz dont hesitate 2 contact me mail me at rishstan@gmail.com or gimme aring on +91 9745412419.im located in kerala.
thx
R.stanley.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myangel
post Aug 4 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 221201

[quote name='effie123' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:19 AM' post='37946']
Hi,
it is an Indian frnd here,
i 'll suggest u not to spend that much bcoz u could enjoy a much cheaper holiday here in India , India is not at all costly - search few websites at take a good idea of those places where u want 2 go........
best wishes...
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bipodx
post Aug 14 2008, 03:57 AM
Post #24

Wayfarer

Member No.: 66835

Hi Becky!

By this time i think u have got lots n lots of advices......from my end well being a biker myself, i would say choose a bike for your traveling. BUT and a BiiiiiiiiG But is for that you need to ask a question to yourself whether you've got IRON BUTT or not, if ansr is no, then forget bike and choose Train/Buss, (if money is ur 1st priority then forget about Taxi)....(Bike ride is the cheapest and full of fun way of traveling here in india)

Some point to follow
>> Don't stay in a hotel far away from crowded place
>> BEWARE of "TOURIST PRICE". Before u buy anything Take the help of a Local guy for the price for a particular thing.
>> For travel plan take the help of Google search. just enter the name of the city u wish to go and u'll get all the info. + u can take help of friends like me (always ready to help fellow travelr)

Sunny smile.gif

"take the first road out"
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:38 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in India

Agra Hotels
Ahmedabad Hotels
Alappuzha Hotels
Amritsar Hotels
Bangalore Hotels
Bardez Hotels
Bhubaneswar Hotels
Calangute Hotels
Candolim Hotels
Chennai (Madras) Hotels
Darjeeling Hotels
Gangtok Hotels
Goa Hotels
Gurgaon Hotels
Haridwar Hotels
Hyderabad Hotels
Indore Hotels
Jaipur Hotels
Jaisalmer Hotels
Jodhpur Hotels
Kochi Hotels
Kodaikanal Hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
Kovalam Hotels
Manali Hotels
Mumbai (Bombay) Hotels
Munnar Hotels
Mussoorie Hotels
Mysore Hotels
Nainital Hotels
New Delhi Hotels
Ootacamund Hotels
Pondicherry Hotels
Pune Hotels
Salcette Hotels
Shimla Hotels
Srinagar Hotels
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Hotels
Udaipur Hotels
Varanasi Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.