Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vancouver backpacker missing in Syria
starlagurl
post Dec 24 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Nicole Vienneau went missing in October, and still her family has no idea where she is...

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=193756

VANCOUVER -- There is one Christmas gift Matthew Vienneau and his family have been praying to receive this year: news of Vancouver's Nicole Vienneau, the backpacker who disappeared in Syria on March 31.

But Nicole's brother Matthew, who has been waging an intense online sleuthing campaign for almost nine months now, would settle for this: a new tip.

"It's not that I have given up. It's that I have run out of things to do. I'm sitting here idly waiting for information to come in, but the information has stopped coming in because I haven't found any new information to follow up on," he said Friday.

"It's tough. We're trying to get used to the idea that we'll never find her."

The information has dwindled as the Vienneaus and Nicole's partner Gary Schweitzer have had to endure several painful anniversaries.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:12 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Syria

Al Bab Hotels
Al Qamishli Hotels
Aleppo Hotels
Ar-Raqqah Hotels
As Suwayda Hotels
Bloudan Hotels
Bosra Hotels
Damascus Hotels
Deir Ezzor Hotels
Hamah Hotels
Hayy Bab Umar Hotels
Homs Hotels
Idlib Hotels
Lattakia Hotels
Maaloula Hotels
Mashtal Helu Hotels
Palmyra Hotels
Safita Hotels
Tartus Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.