Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jordanian Cookbook???, Can anyone help me locate this book?
justajaunt
post Dec 17 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 288099
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Marhaba y'all,

I am in desperate search for a particular cookbook and I am hoping someone here might have purchased it on their travels and can tell me the exact title and who the author is. I am pretty confident the book is either called Jordanian Cuisine Step by Step...or Jordanian Cooking Step by Step. The book is also available in French and Italian which is one of the reasons I never bought it. The first time I saw it was at a gift shop in Petra but I figured I could pick it up somewhere else later. Then I saw it at one of those big tourist reststops on the way back to Amman from Wadi Rum and Petra but they didn't have the English version. Now that I am in Amman I haven't been able to find this book anywhere and my google searches have turned out to be failures. It is possible I have the wrong title...but I am certain it is not the "Arabic Cooking Step by Step"....I know it was 100% "Jordanian" because that was one of the reasons I wanted to buy it (even though I know outside of mansef most of these foods are not technically Jordanian. Can anyone help me out here? Happy eating, happy cooking.

Thanks, Tiffany
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Dec 17 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Hey Tiffany... I don't know what you can do!

If I were you, I'd just get the recipes from the internet, they are usually just as good as the stuff in books...

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but this website looks promising:

http://www.knowledgehound.com/topics/middleer.htm#jordan

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 06:31 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Jordan

Ajlun Hotels
Amman Hotels
Aqaba Hotels
Azraq Hotels
Dana Hotels
Dead Sea Region Hotels
Irbid Hotels
Jerash Hotels
Karak Hotels
Ma'in Hotels
Madaba Hotels
Shoubak Hotels
Sweimah Hotels
Tabaqat Fahl Hotels
Wadi Musa Hotels
Wadi Rum Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.