Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sydney Melbourne Road Trip & Funds
robjstaples
post Dec 15 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #1

Voyager

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 589

Looking forward to visiting Australia very soon and 4 of us will be renting a car for the trip from Melbourne to Sydney. As we will have already spent time on the coast between Melbourne and Adelaide and we don't have more than 3 nights and 4 days on the road we'd like to take an inland route. Question is...where to break the journey between Melbourne and Sydney? Any suggestions welcome.

Also, is anyone up to date on how much cash Australian immigration expects you to have when you enter the country on a 3-month tourist visa?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
introducinlyric
post Dec 15 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 56605

QUOTE(robjstaples @ Dec 15 2009, 06:29 PM) *

Looking forward to visiting Australia very soon and 4 of us will be renting a car for the trip from Melbourne to Sydney. As we will have already spent time on the coast between Melbourne and Adelaide and we don't have more than 3 nights and 4 days on the road we'd like to take an inland route. Question is...where to break the journey between Melbourne and Sydney? Any suggestions welcome.

Also, is anyone up to date on how much cash Australian immigration expects you to have when you enter the country on a 3-month tourist visa?

there are alot of options its a shame you want to do more of an inland route as the drive is rather boring/bland but the inland route only takes about 8 to 10 hours drives so if you and 3nights 4 days you have more than enough time to do it and you could even do the coastal route which is alot more scenic and offers gorgeous views

a good site to visit is Sydney/Melbourne Touring

if you were interested in the coastal route it will take you past wilson's promotory,phillip island and lake's entrance through to bateman's bay or Jervis Bay where you could stay overnight the latter being a nicer option but both a really great locations and continue the drive up to the Grand Pacific Drive which takes you past seven mile beach (Gerroa) and Kiama (the Blowhole) and through wollongong past many beach coastal towns and over sea cliff bridge and ending up through the royal national park which basically brings you out to Cronulla area of Sydney. i just did this drive myself but only from Sydney to Nowra (took bout just under 3hours) and its beautiful

if your going inland i assume your passing canberra so id assume you'd be stopping there
the inland drive i am not so familar with but on the website it provides itinerary plans and routes that may give you options you'd like
the coastal route itineraries they provide are between 5 and 7 days
and the inland route between 3 and 5 days but all are just guides as i said earlier you can drive to sydney from melbourne and from sydney to melbourne in about 8 - 10 hours depending on which route you take and whether you stopover etc
so with the time frame you have you can do either inland or coastal comfortably and take alot and i mean alot in smile.gif

as for your 2nd question i have no idea but hopefully can find out for you

enjoy your trip you no doubt will smile.gif

--------------------
Do You Want The Truth or Something Beautiful?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:03 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Australia

Adelaide Hotels
Airlie Beach Hotels
Albany Hotels
Albury Hotels
Alice Springs Hotels
Apollo Bay Hotels
Ballarat Hotels
Bendigo Hotels
Brisbane Hotels
Broadbeach Hotels
Broome Hotels
Byron Bay Hotels
Cairns Hotels
Caloundra Hotels
Canberra Hotels
Coffs Harbour Hotels
Coolangatta Hotels
Darwin Hotels
Hervey Bay Hotels
Hobart Hotels
Launceston Hotels
Mackay Hotels
Main Beach Hotels
Margaret River Hotels
Maroochydore Hotels
Melbourne Hotels
Mooloolaba Hotels
Newcastle Hotels
Noosa Hotels
Palm Cove Hotels
Perth Hotels
Pokolbin Hotels
Port Douglas Hotels
Port Macquarie Hotels
Rockhampton Hotels
St Kilda Hotels
Surfers Paradise Hotels
Sydney Hotels
Toowoomba Hotels
Townsville Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.