Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do we need a return flight ticket when entering Peru?
laura.dj
post Nov 11 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103074

Hi people smile.gif

I and my boyfriend are heading off to South America for a six months trip on the 31st of December. We have booked a one way ticket from Madrid to Lima (Peru). There is no need of visas as far as we know but ... do you know if we will need a ticket out of the country at least?

Thank you very much in advance !!

Cheers,

Laura.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wakingdream
post Nov 11 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13336

British ,Australian, Canadian, US and other Eu do officially require a return ticket, though most often travelers are never asked to produce proof.

Evidence of sufficient funds to leave the country might suffice if asked. Some people do get asked for a return ticket. It's a frustrating situation when you can't know for sure if they will ask or not!

To cover all basis, considering a refundable ticket out of the country may be an option. Once you've arrived you can cancel it and you're good to go.

So, the official answer (from the Peruvian Gov't) is yes, you do need a return ticket. I think this is a frustration re: many countries that say you need proof of departure then never ask you for it!

My husband and I have traveled to Peru and were never asked for any proof of departure, but we did have it.

If you search entering Peru and return ticket, you'll come across many sites where this exact question is asked and answers do differ. People who have traveled to Peru answer both yes and no.

--------------------
~Susie

'Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present.'
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
msereno1970
post Apr 11 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 124637

I'm from EU, when my wife and I landed in Lima last summer no one asked us for a return ticket.

bye

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
cosmicgiggle
post Jun 25 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 203396

I went to lima a few years ago and was never asked for a return ticket, but i know it officially is required. I think when changing the flight, like extending it, you are charged a fee in addition to the difference in ticket price....so it can get epxensive.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:16 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Peru

Abancay Hotels
Aguas Calientes Hotels
Arequipa Hotels
Ayacucho Hotels
Cabanaconde Hotels
Cajamarca Hotels
Chachapoyas Hotels
Chiclayo Hotels
Chivay Hotels
Colca Canyon Hotels
Cusco Hotels
Huacachina Hotels
Huancayo Hotels
Huanchaco Hotels
Huaraz Hotels
Ica Hotels
Ilo Hotels
Iquitos Hotels
Juliaca Hotels
Lima Hotels
Machu Picchu Hotels
Mancora Hotels
Nasca Hotels
Ollantaytambo Hotels
Paracas Hotels
Pisac Hotels
Pisco Hotels
Piura Hotels
Pucallpa Hotels
Puerto Maldonado Hotels
Puno Hotels
Punta Hermosa Hotels
San Lazaro Hotels
Tarapoto Hotels
Tarma Hotels
Trujillo Hotels
Tumbes Hotels
Urubamba Hotels
Yanama Hotels
Yucay Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.