Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> German Markets come to UK, Christmas
charlotte
post Dec 9 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 6874

Germany has very much come to UK in the form of German markets.

I was in Edinburgh, Scotland for a long weekend at end of November and already the German market was running. It's selling all kinds of german meats, hot sausage and mustard in a roll , hot dog and gifts for family and friends at this time of year. Also up was a fun fair with imposing ferris wheel with the Edinburgh architecture in the backdrop. Once it got dark late afternoon it was an array of lights alongside Princes Street, very pretty and gets you in the mood for the festive period.

In Bristol where I live, in the South west of England the German market is bigger than any year I saw it before, interwoven through Broadmead and Cabot Circus shopping areas in the city centre. It really brings the Christmas spirit to the streets, you can buy gifts, eat more hot dogs and sip on some hot glu vine. Also our some interesting new erections to look at like this reindeer IPB Image

Also in Bristol is St Nicholas Market, an all year Bristol market favourite selling local produce, gifts and nick-nacks. You can get yourself a locally grown English produce Pie Minister pies at the stall there, eat British Indian dishes, or buy some local sausages. There's also loads of gifts from arts and crafts, jewellery and an 'I love Brissle' t-shirt!

Now in Bath, close to Bristol there was a great Christmas market - not German but local British crafts, gifts and foods. I didn't get a chance to see that one, but I know it caused a stir at the opening , it was by famous actor Nicolas Cage , yes! apparently like Johnny Depp he also has some property in the area.

Here's to the sparkle and shopping delights the markets bring, go out and visit these markets if you're closeby it is great fun.

Let's discuss, tell me about your Christmas markets the towns you're visiting in the UK...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Charlotte Joyce
Mojito Girl
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 05:16 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.