Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maderia/Morocco - Islae of Madeira travel question
post Dec 7 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 563971
Nominate me as a Local Expert

i need help.. my wife and i will be visiting Maderia on about March 1 2010 and had planned to visit Barcelona after about four days in Maderia. we now realize a trip to Moracco for4 days may be an even better idea. Can you suggest a four day plan in Moracco? where do we start, stay (mid price) what cities, what airline, any problems with Americans, other? thanks
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Dec 8 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

OK... where do you want to go? I'm assuming Rabat? Or were you thinking more about Tangier?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
papayaprincess
post Dec 9 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Wayfarer

Member No.: 898

While Morocco is definitely a great destination to visit, getting there from Madeira might be tricky! There are plenty of flights going to Morocco and to Madeira, but I haven’t really seen any between the two places. You may have to transfer via London, Spain or Germany, which could prove to be tedious if you only have a few days. Getting a flight to Spain though shouldn’t prove to be difficult.

As far as lodgings, there are plenty of reasonably priced places to stay in Morocco, but, at least when I went, they didn’t all have websites. I recommend getting a guidebook if you’re serious about going to Morocco as it will provide the more lodging options. Otherwise I use www.hostelworld.com and I have almost always been very happy with my lodgings, although there is not an abundance of cheaper lodgings posted for Morocco.

As far as I could tell, there are no blatant problems with Americans, although (just as I suffered as a Canuck) you may get ripped off every once and a while for being a foreigner…just part of the fun I suppose. Make sure to haggle though!!! I studied at an American Arabic Language school while living there and none of the students ever had any problems.

I lived in Fez while in Morocco, so I’m rather biased towards the city, as it has an amazing souk (market)! Rabat is also pretty, but there is not quite as much to do as in Fes. I never got a chance to visit Casablanca or Marrakesh, but the first has a major airport so if you are flying into Morocco you may very well be flying there and it could be worth a look. Marrakesh is a compelling city and there is also lot’s to do!

I hope that this is at least somewhat helpful,

Cheers
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gyl.johnson
post Feb 6 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Nomad

Member No.: 89210

Tanger and Tetouan make an excellent plan as 4 days doesnt give you alot of time.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
corinneconley
post Feb 7 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #5

Expeditionist

Member No.: 638491

Tangier probably has a lot to offer, but if you want to go to other cities you should look at the train system, its pretty good in Morocco. You shouldn't have any problems as an American

--------------------
Recent Trips:
New Trails: Buffalo National River

Upcoming Trips:
Oceanside, California (August)
Las Vegas, Nevada (October)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 10:23 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.