Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> backpack china
bcrem82
post Oct 15 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98396

can anyone suggest a route through china, how long to spend etc
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
williwinkle
post Nov 10 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 57087

QUOTE(bcrem82 @ Oct 15 2007, 08:35 PM) *

Hi I depends on so many things, for instance how long you want to travel there, what you are willing to 'suffer', how much you are willing to spend and so on. My wife and I have only recently come back from traveling around certain part of China and we had a great time but because it was our first time and because of what we learnt from this trip I now know that I would have done it slightly differently.
For a start you can travel around this enormous country for a whole year and still have not seen even a quarter of what there is to see.
We are a couple in our sixties and although we didn't do any real backpacking we did do a lot of walking. Our journey started off as usual in Beijing we saw the tourist sites and from there went by plane to Chengdu, which you could call the gateway to the south and southwest. We visited the Pandas (a must) and a few other sites around the city and from there traveled to Kangding, a whole days traveling westward of Chengdu.
Anyway I will not tell you everything we did and didn't do 'cos you are looking for a route and anyway our route will not be applicable to you id you want to travel at this time of the year because many of the roads to where we went will be closed or impassable at this time of the year. There are an enormous amount of places to travel in in the south of the country whic never get snowed up for instance Guilin and Yangshou is a lovely area and you can spend quite a long time there, the area it is one of Chinas jewels. The area in and around Kunming can be very interesting and there ar lots of places along Chinas southern borders that can be visited but which I cannot tell you about because our route at this time of the year will by now be quite probably snowed in.
I seriously suggest that you get hold of the 'Lonely Planet' or some book like it and peruse it for sometime before you start off on your travels.
Enjoy yourself Ron. dance.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
asianmonkey
post Nov 11 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 105585

QUOTE(bcrem82 @ Oct 15 2007, 08:35 PM) *

I spend half a year traveling in China . Well... How much time do you have? Better have more, since China is BIG... Don't worry too much... Chinese people are the friendliest people on planet earth and it's safe to travel here. If you want to get away from it all try to avoid the places mentioned in the Lonely Planet from time to time. These times are the most rewarding... But of course typical tourist destinations are "must", too. My favorite province...Guizhou...

Have fun... China is amazing!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
charlotte850505
post Nov 14 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #4

Explorer

Member No.: 251580

that 's depend on how much time and money you would to spend,there are many place worth to visit ,if you have enough money and time ,you 'd better visit them all,you will never find a better place.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:40 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in China

Beijing Hotels
Changchun Hotels
Changsha Hotels
Chengdu Hotels
Chongqing Hotels
Dalian Hotels
Dongguan Hotels
Foshan Hotels
Fuzhou Hotels
Guangzhou Hotels
Guilin Hotels
Haikou Hotels
Hangzhou Hotels
Harbin Hotels
Hefei Hotels
Hong Kong Hotels
Jinan Hotels
Kunming Hotels
Lanzhou Hotels
Lijiang Hotels
Nanchang Hotels
Nanjing Hotels
Nanning Hotels
Ningbo Hotels
Qingdao Hotels
Sanya Hotels
Shanghai Hotels
Shenyang Hotels
Shenzhen Hotels
Suzhou Hotels
Taiyuan Hotels
Tianjin Hotels
Urumqi Hotels
Wenzhou Hotels
Wuhan Hotels
Wuxi Hotels
Xi'an Hotels
Xiamen Hotels
Zhengzhou Hotels
Zhuhai Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.