Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alaska
jiriz
post Oct 12 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91725
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi all!
If there is a travelogue - or even a forum topic - on Alaska please point me to it.

If there is not, I am sorry. Then this whole project would lose a lot of meaning.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jacques
post Oct 14 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Member No.: 161

Hi,

Go to our main page and click on the word "advanced" right next to the "search" button (top right).

Once there enter the work "alaska" in the "search blogs by keyword" box and click search.

You should have apporoximately 4 results. I hope this helps.

If you need more info please do nto hesitate to contact me here or at support@travelogue.com

Jacquesl
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
moonshot
post Dec 2 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 108601

The less mentioned about Alaska, the better. We get too many 'tourists' anyway. crazy.gif [font=Arial Black][b]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
alaskachick
post Jan 4 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 122044

Ask a question - any question about Alaska and I'm certain you'll get a response because while it is true we get a lot of tourists - we can always use travellers who want to see the real deal.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
worldtripper
post Jan 21 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 129439

QUOTE(alaskachick @ Jan 4 2008, 07:16 PM) *

Ask a question - any question about Alaska and I'm certain you'll get a response because while it is true we get a lot of tourists - we can always use travellers who want to see the real deal.

Me and my travel buddy want to see and experience the real deal.
We are not taking one of those obnoxious cruise ships.
We are flying in to Fairbanks to start off working down the inside passage from there using Alaska Rail and Alaska Marine Hwy mostly. We will go to Barrow for a day and Denali Park for a couple of days, Anchorage and Seward. Most likely we will fly to one of the northern locations of the inside passage (have not worked that out yet) and get down to Vancouver BC and Seattle before flying home. We have only 2 weeks to get all that we can in so there will most likely be some trimming of our itinerary which is why we are collecting as much information as we can.
If you have any suggestions for us they will be completely appreciated.
We are hoping to make it to Wrangell and Petersburg as well as a couple of other stops in the inside passage. Will be doing some hikes but no camping. Lots of photography.
Thank you
Deb
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
polydemic
post Nov 6 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Tourist

Member No.: 212482

QUOTE(jiriz @ Oct 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Hi all!
If there is a travelogue - or even a forum topic - on Alaska please point me to it.

If there is not, I am sorry. Then this whole project would lose a lot of meaning.

Go to a search engine (such as Google, Yahoo, or try out as many as you can find) & enter "Fairbanks Alaska underground" then "Fairbanks Alaska alternative". You many have to wade thru many sites on "underground parking" & "alternative medicine", but you'll find a lot of info which most tourists never hear of. Do the same for Vancouver & Seattle.

--------------------
All the earth is my home and each nation a different room in the same house.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
oscar.w
post Nov 2 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 476751

Hi everybody, I know everyone will be saying this but I'm really not a tourist. I was wondering if there's any way I could find out about families or anything who will take people in for a month or maybe a few, in exchange for work etc? I can't find anywhere on the internet and can't really think of many other ways to afford doing this. I'm currently living in London and at the age of 20, things are already difficult enough with money. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hunnytread
post Jun 22 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1095101

QUOTE(oscar.w @ Nov 2 2009, 06:56 AM) *

Hi everybody, I know everyone will be saying this but I'm really not a tourist. I was wondering if there's any way I could find out about families or anything who will take people in for a month or maybe a few, in exchange for work etc? I can't find anywhere on the internet and can't really think of many other ways to afford doing this. I'm currently living in London and at the age of 20, things are already difficult enough with money. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT FORUM FOR YOUR MESSAGE
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:54 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.