Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Spots in Canada
andrea
post Oct 27 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Globetrotter

Group: Members
Member No.: 2
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Wondering about places in Canada people would recommend. I don't think I travel enough in my own country!

Andrea
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kate
post Nov 2 2003, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

Andrea,

Don't know where you live, but great spots here in Canada are just too numerous to mention! Penticton, B.C.; Lake Louise/Banff, Alberta, Northern Ontario; Old Quebec City; Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver; The Cabot Trail, Antigonish...

But we are happy to offer hospitality in our little piece on Ontario...in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and amidst the wine routes of Ontario. If you have any interest, just reply and we'd be happy to show you around.
+Quote Post
bradleyt
post Nov 12 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 26

Yes Canada is waaaay too big a place to start listing every place to go. What are your interests? What would you think you'd like to see?

I've done extensive travelling in Canada and the United States by car so check out my travelogues on Travelpod for ideas. Look for travelogues under the user name "bradleyt".

Personally, Newfoundland was great and this past summer I visited the Yukon and Northwest Territories and it blew me away.

bradley t hughes
www.craptasia.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
whereshegoes
post Dec 1 2003, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Journeyer

Member No.: 5

I think Canmore (less touristy than Banff) and Jasper are two great places that are often missed.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
JB
post Nov 4 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

I've spent time in Victoria and very happy I went. Great lodging ,resturants , and don't miss Buchart Gardens
+Quote Post
Incrediblelife
post Jan 31 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #6

Nomad

Member No.: 285

There hasn't been much action in this forum, so I thought I'd perk it up a bit biggrin.gif

I have lived in many places throughout Canada, and I have to say that both Vancouver and Calgary have been my fav. Vancouver speaks for itself - it just has a really cool vibe. Stanley Park is awesome (last I heard though they are getting rid of or have already gotten rid of the zoo, which is too bad because it was free and one of the best out there), and there are plenty of free things to do and see there - always a good thing for those traveling! Calgary - while I wouldn't say Calgary itself is that great, but it a great base to many places - i.e. Banff/Lake Louise etc. And I completely agree with Carmella - Canmore and Jasper are often overlooked, and they are nicer because they aren't overrun yet with tourists.

I really like Northern B.C. too - salmon fishing in Kitimat is fun, and Smithers has kind of a neat ski resorty type feel about it.

Jenn

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Shelly
post Jan 31 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #7

Unregistered

Gosh, there's so much in Canada! I'll start with one category, then add more as I get time.

Beaches (just a few)
Cavendish: Has beautiful red clay
Cabot Trail: Spectacular scenery
Wasaga Beach: Said to be longest fresh water beach in the world
Toronto Islands: Unique in a sense it's part of a big city. Has a nude beach too wink.gif

There are many more but that's all I can think of for now!

QUOTE(Incrediblelife @ Jan 31 2006, 03:23 PM) *

There hasn't been much action in this forum, so I thought I'd perk it up a bit biggrin.gif

I have lived in many places throughout Canada, and I have to say that both Vancouver and Calgary have been my fav. Vancouver speaks for itself - it just has a really cool vibe. Stanley Park is awesome (last I heard though they are getting rid of or have already gotten rid of the zoo, which is too bad because it was free and one of the best out there), and there are plenty of free things to do and see there - always a good thing for those traveling! Calgary - while I wouldn't say Calgary itself is that great, but it a great base to many places - i.e. Banff/Lake Louise etc. And I completely agree with Carmella - Canmore and Jasper are often overlooked, and they are nicer because they aren't overrun yet with tourists.

I really like Northern B.C. too - salmon fishing in Kitimat is fun, and Smithers has kind of a neat ski resorty type feel about it.

Jenn
+Quote Post
Barrett
post Jan 31 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #8

Nomad

Member No.: 423

Even though I'm from the West, I'll stick up for where I am currently living: the national capital. Ottawa is great town to see the Parliament Buildings and associated historical buildings, visit the National Arts Centre, the Nat. Art Gallery- best in the country, do some great river rafting, visit some top-notch museums, skate the canal, come to Winterlude, see the leaves in Gatineau park in the autumn. Everyone should experience Parliament Hill on Canada Day at least once, with the RCMP musicall ride, the concerts, fireworks, VIP speeches and red/white painted people.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:21 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Canada

Banff Hotels
Calgary Hotels
Canmore Hotels
Charlottetown Hotels
Edmonton Hotels
Fredericton Hotels
Gatineau Hotels
Grande Prairie Hotels
Halifax Hotels
Hamilton Hotels
Jasper Hotels
Kamloops Hotels
Kelowna Hotels
Kingston Hotels
Laval Hotels
London Hotels
Markham Hotels
Mississauga Hotels
Moncton Hotels
Mont Tremblant Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Niagara Falls Hotels
Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
North York Hotels
Ottawa Hotels
Penticton Hotels
Quebec City Hotels
Red Deer Hotels
Regina Hotels
Richmond Hotels
Saskatoon Hotels
St. John's Hotels
Sudbury Hotels
Surrey Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Vancouver Hotels
Victoria Hotels
Whistler Hotels
Windsor Hotels
Winnipeg Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.