Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Few questions need answering about Aarhus - Aarhus travel question
unclekevin
post Nov 25 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 535981
Nominate me as a Local Expert

If anyone could take a few minutes and answer these questions below then i would be greatly thankful.

1. Me and friends are thinking of going to Aarhus for New Years Eve, is it be a good place to go to?

2. We are thinking of staying at the Radisson Sas Scandinavia Hotel, is the location of the hotel a good one to bars,restaurants etc?

3. What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel.

4. Are there many bars/nightclubs in Aarhus and are they close proximity ?

Any help would again be very appreciated.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Nov 26 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Good question, yes I think it would be a good place to go, but probably a little cold!

I couldn't find any travel blogs about this city on NYE, but I looked up a club that seems popular: "Klubben"

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...90260/tpod.html

If you like that sort of thing for New Year's, I'm not sure.

Here are the reviews for your hotel: http://www.travelpod.com/hotel/Radisson_Sa...rhus-Arhus.html

It's downtown, so it must be very convenient.

Which airport are you flying into? Billund or Aarhus?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
unclekevin
post Nov 26 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 535981

Dear starlagurl

Firstly let me start by saying thank you for replying to my message, we are flying/landing in at Aarhus airport, i dont suppose you know if there is any transport that takes us to the hotel or takes us near the hotel?
Could you shed any light on my next question regarding New Years Eve in Aarhus? it's just that I've read somewhere that on the whole it is pretty low-key when it comes to New Year's Eve celebrations and that this trip that i'm planning will be a waste of time? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Nov 27 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Rolling Stone

I couldn't find any TravelPod blogs about NYE in Aarhus, unfortunately, but I'm sure there would be a party somewhere.

I'd say go to Copenhagen if you want a big time party.

"Watched the fireworks in the nearby square which was absolutely insane. The noise was deafening and like a worldwide rice krispies explosion. Every so often there'd be delayed bangs which sounded like a bomb going off. Locals let off fireworks in every which direction so had to be on ball to notice that someone standing next to you might just light off a firework next to your feet. It was constant and just kept going on for what seemed like forever. I only knew it was 2008 when John came over to wish me a Happy New Year - there was no countdown or anything. After midnight I was ready to crash and had the patience and temperament of a tired 2 year old. John walked me back to the hotel and we soon found out that fireworks didn't happen at any one particular place for New Years but anywhere there was a person with firecrackers, matches and some ground. No wonder there were police officers walking around in practically full armour."

From: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...00340/tpod.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
billm
post Dec 1 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 34231

Aarhus is a good size town. Not a big city like Copenhagen. There are many outdoor bars
within walking distance from that hotel you mentioned. Denmark is very cold due to the dampness in January ( I was there in the summer ) dress warmly.
I never have been to the airport there I traveled thru by bus. So I can't comment on how to get to town from the airport other than to say the rail and bus service in Denmark is some of the best to be found.
The Danes really celebrate New Years with a bang. Fireworks are everywhere.
I am not Danish myself, but have close friends there. I go back every two years.
Again I suggest. Copenhagen for It's nightlife. I don't want to discurage you from visiting a smaller city. I love all of Denmark.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Dec 2 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #6

Rolling Stone

Thanks for the insider info Billm. It's very useful.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:24 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.