Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want to Explore in india then GO BIKE!
bipodx
post Sep 13 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Wayfarer

Group: Members
Member No.: 66835

Dear All,
As title says, if you really want to explore india then the best traveling tool is BIKE (motorcycle), less expensive, no waiting bus queue, no railway (toilets) and no car AC's but just FUN n FUN. See n read my blog : http://www.travelpod.com/members/bipodx

Bike Travel Photos and Peace
Sunny angel1.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sandysundaram
post Sep 15 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 89010

hi, i am an army guy and want totravel to leh and ladakh on my pulsar 180 in the month of oct . how shld i go about it?
QUOTE(bipodx @ Sep 13 2007, 05:53 AM) *

Dear All,
As title says, if you really want to explore india then the best traveling tool is BIKE (motorcycle), less expensive, no waiting bus queue, no railway (toilets) and no car AC's but just FUN n FUN. See n read my blog : http://www.travelpod.com/members/bipodx

Sunny angel1.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bipodx
post Sep 21 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #3

Wayfarer

Dear Sandy,
Good place chosen for outing. Must go before 15 Oct, take warm cloths, and try to go in group, as that is remote area, you cant find TOOL Help in case brockdown.

charlie copy delta tengo "drive safe-enjoy more"
Sunny

QUOTE(sandysundaram @ Sep 15 2007, 10:52 AM) *

hi, i am an army guy and want totravel to leh and ladakh on my pulsar 180 in the month of oct . how shld i go about it?
QUOTE(bipodx @ Sep 13 2007, 05:53 AM) *

Dear All,

Sunny angel1.gif

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bloomer
post Jan 22 2008, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Frequent Flyer

Member No.: 1067

The road to Leh is one of the worst in the world, but it is somewhat safer than the rest of India, as there is less traffic. Prepare to be completely exhausted!
As far as the rest of India is concerned, the biggest thing to worry about is the other drivers--it is chaotic, but after a time you get used to the rhythm. Every day you will have a very close call or two!
I would not recommend riding a motorcycle in that country unless you are a highly experienced rider. If not, go to Manali, and do some day trips around the Kullu valley before you set off up over the Rhotang. You will be glad you did. If you are going to Leh, make sure you bring two cannisters for petrol, as on the last leg there is no petrol at all for 200 kilometers! Be careful, and have fun.
Also when in Old manali, stay at the Jungle Bungalow with my friend Dayalu Ram. It's behind the clubhouse, and the best place I found there!

--------------------
My travels. Well, some of them anyway.

Josh 13 on myspace

The Solo Me

Alter Ego Oliver Towne

Joshbloomer.com

QUOTE(findingnine @ Feb 21 2007, 05:08 PM) *

Hair of the dog. Make it a lifestyle! :puppeh:
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
zomarzi
post Jan 23 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #5

Wanderer

Member No.: 123109

QUOTE(bloomer @ Jan 22 2008, 08:11 AM) *

The road to Leh is one of the worst in the world, but it is somewhat safer than the rest of India, as there is less traffic. Prepare to be completely exhausted!
As far as the rest of India is concerned, the biggest thing to worry about is the other drivers--it is chaotic, but after a time you get used to the rhythm. Every day you will have a very close call or two!
I would not recommend riding a motorcycle in that country unless you are a highly experienced rider. If not, go to Manali, and do some day trips around the Kullu valley before you set off up over the Rhotang. You will be glad you did. If you are going to Leh, make sure you bring two cannisters for petrol, as on the last leg there is no petrol at all for 200 kilometers! Be careful, and have fun.
Also when in Old manali, stay at the Jungle Bungalow with my friend Dayalu Ram. It's behind the clubhouse, and the best place I found there!

Hi Josh where would be the best place to hire a bike in Goa ?a helmet?places to visit ,inland,thanks for your help Josh.
Craig
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bloomer
post Jan 23 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #6

Frequent Flyer

Inland Goa has beautiful hills with spice plantations you can go visit! some of them serve you lunch and cap it off with a taste of "feni" the local drink made from the fruit of the cashew.
Old Goa is a must see as well, it's old portugese architecture will make you feel as though you have walked into the past.
Also you must visit the Anjuna market, but be careful, everyone will beckon you to their shop to look around and try to get you to buy, buy buy! Personally I prefer the bazar at Mapusa--it is more native and characteristic of markets in the rest of India.
There are also a number of forts, the best of which overlook the sea and stand on hills above the ocean.
Most people go for the beaches, but there is plenty other to see in the state of Goa. Follow your nose, and ask around, you'll find plenty!

--------------------

Josh 13 on myspace

The Solo Me

Alter Ego Oliver Towne

Joshbloomer.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bloomer
post May 9 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #7

Frequent Flyer

The best way to get a bike that you know will be dependable would be to go here in Delhi:

Bullet Wallas

E-mail ahead to Laura-ji or Balu, and tell them "josh" sent you. Have fun.
Oh, and don't deal with any of the Karol Bagh dealers--they make the bike look nice on the outside, but they don't fix the inside.

--------------------

Josh 13 on myspace

The Solo Me

Alter Ego Oliver Towne

Joshbloomer.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bloomer
post May 9 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Frequent Flyer

Also, my advice is do NOT go in october. The chances you will be snowed in up there are very high. Then you'll have to fly out or stay the whole winter until late may when the road opens up again.

--------------------

Josh 13 on myspace

The Solo Me

Alter Ego Oliver Towne

Joshbloomer.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bipodx
post Aug 12 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #9

Wayfarer

hey bloomer! its seem u have seen india very closely.... but still there is Toooooo much pending to see and feel in india (i hope u agree on that)...

"Wear a Helmet, ride safe"

Sunny
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bloomer
post Aug 14 2008, 07:17 AM
Post #10

Frequent Flyer

QUOTE(bipodx @ Aug 12 2008, 08:52 AM) *

hey bloomer! its seem u have seen india very closely.... but still there is Toooooo much pending to see and feel in india (i hope u agree on that)...

"Wear a Helmet, ride safe"

Sunny

Absolutely! I still have a few roads to go--the east coast via Bihar and west Bengal, Rajastan out to Bikaner, and the northeast territories. Probably will take me a year over many trips back to see those, and that's still not all!

And Helmet Always! Also good to wear leather pants, you can have them made for not much money out of goatskin or sheepskin, and if you fall they will save your butt, literally. Careful riding!

--------------------

Josh 13 on myspace

The Solo Me

Alter Ego Oliver Towne

Joshbloomer.com

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bipodx
post Aug 28 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #11

Wayfarer

i know in india roads are not in good condition, some time u have to find a road in a road..........but i have got a solution for this, whenever i go through from these roads, i dont feel the roads are bad but i feel i am doing OFF-ROADING on my bike and guess what i enjoy it a lot.........

QUOTE(cathywoody @ Aug 16 2008, 06:40 AM) *

Hi,

roads were a mess......... but we enjoyed a lot.

Totally agree... these are few important gears that we need..

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
bipodx
post Sep 2 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #12

Wayfarer

As far as it is concern with me yes i can but for others u can plan ur trip where u need not to ride continuously.......... and one who has very limited time, can use other mode of travel..............

QUOTE(sulekhayp @ Sep 2 2008, 03:36 AM) *

Hope its really a very nice feel to travel in bike to explore India but can u drive continuously. please tell me more about your experience. i thought its better to travel with your friend for more fun and enjoyment party.gif .
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:54 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in India

Agra Hotels
Ahmedabad Hotels
Alappuzha Hotels
Amritsar Hotels
Bangalore Hotels
Bardez Hotels
Bhubaneswar Hotels
Calangute Hotels
Candolim Hotels
Chennai (Madras) Hotels
Darjeeling Hotels
Gangtok Hotels
Goa Hotels
Gurgaon Hotels
Haridwar Hotels
Hyderabad Hotels
Indore Hotels
Jaipur Hotels
Jaisalmer Hotels
Jodhpur Hotels
Kochi Hotels
Kodaikanal Hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
Kovalam Hotels
Manali Hotels
Mumbai (Bombay) Hotels
Munnar Hotels
Mussoorie Hotels
Mysore Hotels
Nainital Hotels
New Delhi Hotels
Ootacamund Hotels
Pondicherry Hotels
Pune Hotels
Salcette Hotels
Shimla Hotels
Srinagar Hotels
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Hotels
Udaipur Hotels
Varanasi Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.