Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> TravelPod Local Expert for Spain, Everything you want to know about Spain
apartment
post Sep 6 2007, 09:27 AM
Post #1

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 52319
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Good afternoon,

My name is Bard, I am Dutch, but have lived and worked in Spain for 6 years now. I work as a marketing executive for a booking agent for serviced apartments.

During my time in Spain I have come across a lot of pitfalls and red tape, but if you know how to deal with it, it will be absolutely fine.

Please find below some hopefully helpful tips and observations. And you can always contact me for more info.

1. Learn some basic Spanish, a few words are even enough to get you started, but it will make all the difference in communicating with the Spanish
2. Try the local dishes. There are so many international restaurants all throughout Spain, that it would be very easy never to eat in a Spanish restaurant. But eating Spanish dishes is part of the whole experience of being in this beautiful country.
3. Talk to the locals. Not only in shops, but also outside in the street, on the market square etc. You will learn a lot!
4. Spain has a rich heritage and culture and there is a great difference between the North and the South. Try to sample it all.
5. Do like the Spanish do, especially in summer: have a siesta between 2-5pm. It is too hot to do anything else!!
6. When you are buying a property, please always do so, with the help of a reputable (i.e. recommended to you) gestor. The gestor will help you wade through the minefield of contracts, obligations and other important stuff, which you wonīt understand unless you have lived in the country for many years and speak Spanish fluently
7. Always check the facts! Donīt go blind by what people tell you

Sunny regards,

Bard Vos
Arroyo de la Miel (Malaga)
Spain
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 06:25 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.