Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> travelling to Brazil
reiss
post Aug 23 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 82275
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi,
My husband and I will be travelling to Brazil in December (is December the worst time to visit?) with our 2 year old son. My questions are:

1. What part of Brazil should we stay?
2. What recommenations do you have on accommodations?

We're looking for a quiet small place . Also, we like a bungalow or some kind of interesting small place to stay. Not a large hotel or noisy. But, also we will have a 2 year old with us. Modest price range...would like to pay $100 per night or under.

Admin Edit: Stop advertising!!!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jessica_CDN
post Aug 26 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #2

Commuter

Member No.: 519

I normally go with bigger and more established websites like travelocity, expedia etc. I've had great results with them, but haven't tried anything smaller.

How did you come across the website that you're using and do you know anyone who has used it? I've never heard it mentioned before, certainly not for South America.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
heidiwho
post Aug 30 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 83308

Hi there,
I lived in Brasil in '98 and returned in 2001. I still know people over there, and it seems not much has changed.
1. Places to go - Foz de Iguacu may not be as great as it would be in winter.
Rio - is very nice, but Ilha Grande, which is out from Rio (Angra Dos Reis) is an absolutely beautiful island. It has one car - the errands car, small villages, beautiful beaches, relaxed atmosphere, and the most beautiful, rainforest filled island to walk over. It is one of my favourite places.
The Northeast is also a great place - places like Fortaleza, Maceio, Porto Seguro, Natal - all have the culture and great beaches.
I also stayed in Florianopolis one year for new years eve, fantastic! There are great beaches around here, boat trips, and slightly cooler.
If you want something other than beaches there is always the Amazon or Pantanal, however not sure what Pantanal is like in December.

2. Sorry, I can't help you here - we found them while there or stayed in houses with a lot of people.

Have a great time!

QUOTE(reiss @ Aug 23 2007, 11:41 PM) *

Hi,
My husband and I will be travelling to Brazil in December (is December the worst time to visit?) with our 2 year old son. My questions are:

1. What part of Brazil should we stay?
2. What recommenations do you have on accommodations?

We're looking for a quiet small place . Also, we like a bungalow or some kind of interesting small place to stay. Not a large hotel or noisy. But, also we will have a 2 year old with us. Modest price range...would like to pay $100 per night or under.

Admin Edit: Stop advertising!!!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:29 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Brazil

Angra Dos Reis Hotels
Aracaju Hotels
Arraial d'Ajuda Hotels
Balneario Camboriu Hotels
Barueri Hotels
Belem Hotels
Belo Horizonte Hotels
Brasilia Hotels
Buzios Hotels
Campinas Hotels
Campo Grande Hotels
Curitiba Hotels
Florianopolis Hotels
Fortaleza Hotels
Foz de Iguacu Hotels
Goiania Hotels
Guaruja Hotels
Guarulhos Hotels
Jericoacoara Hotels
Joao Pessoa Hotels
Joinville Hotels
Londrina Hotels
Macae Hotels
Maceio Hotels
Manaus Hotels
Morro de Sao Paulo Hotels
Natal Hotels
Paraty Hotels
Porto Alegre Hotels
Porto Seguro Hotels
Porto de Galinhas Hotels
Praia do Forte Hotels
Recife Hotels
Ribeirao Preto Hotels
Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Salvador Hotels
Sao Jose Dos Campos Hotels
Sao Paulo Hotels
Trancoso Hotels
Vitoria Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.