Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disney Vacation
jayr.roberts2
post Nov 5 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 482241

Hello All,

So I am going to Disney this winter with a 6 year old and am staying on the disney resort for 7 days. I know disney has the shuttle to their parks, but am wondering if anyone knows if they can also arrange transport if you want to spend 1 of the day at sea world...i know it is not one of their parks, but only can handle so much mickey mouse. If not, does anyone know how much a taxi would cost from the Port Orleans resort to sea world??
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
huckabmm
post Nov 5 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Pathfinder

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 264395

I'm so glad that people are still going to Disney! I grew up near there and have many fond memories of the place!

I can tell you that you will probably not be able to take a Disney shuttle (especially from a Disney resort) to a non-Disney park. Just out of curiosity, what hotel are you staying in?

As for cab fare, I found this fare estimator online.

Hope this helps,

--------------------
-Matt

"Be a traveler, not a tourist."
"Chance favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Give Life

My upcoming trips:
1. A week at the Outer Banks, NC; June '10
2. Somewhere in South America, Early 2011
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
laorfamily
post Nov 5 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Vagabond

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 30320

We just came back 2 months ago.

No, Disney will not take you to non-Disney parks but you can take a bus to downtown Disney and get to Sea World from there or get your hotel to call a taxi for you.

--------------------
Living Well Is The Best Revenge

Going Down South to North Carolina
Book Reviews: http://www.ManOfLaBook.com
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jayr.roberts2
post Nov 9 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Drifter

Member No.: 482241

We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Have been to disney before and stayed at Caribean and the All star sports. Just think that after 3 years of disney that we need to do something different. Also, when we have gone in the past, we went to downtown disney, but someone told me about the disney boardwalk. Is this the same place and if not where is the boardwalk? Do the shuttles take you to the boardwalk?? What is there to do there??
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
zijuzijazijana
post Mar 20 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #5

Drifter

Member No.: 254315

I haven't been there lately but it was always a lot to do over there,try Sea World or Epcot,you will like it.
Zijuzijazijana
QUOTE(jayr.roberts2 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:00 AM) *

We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Have been to disney before and stayed at Caribean and the All star sports. Just think that after 3 years of disney that we need to do something different. Also, when we have gone in the past, we went to downtown disney, but someone told me about the disney boardwalk. Is this the same place and if not where is the boardwalk? Do the shuttles take you to the boardwalk?? What is there to do there??

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
douglas87
post Aug 18 2010, 07:44 AM
Post #6

Drifter

Member No.: 789711

Hello,
Wow that is great you will enjoy so much there. Disneyland of Florida is very nice i have been there for once and i enjoyed very much.

good luck!!

+Quote Post
flagolfer
post Aug 18 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #7

Wanderer

Member No.: 1134221

QUOTE(jayr.roberts2 @ Nov 9 2009, 11:00 AM) *

No, Downtown Disney and Disney's Boardwalk are not the same places. Disney's Boardwalk is behind (sort of) EPCOT. It has 2 resorts on it, restaurants, an ESPN Zone and some other smaller shops.

Yes the shuttles will take you to the Boardwalk.

Also on your Sea World transportation question, we have stayed at Disney resorts many many years and we have never had an issue with someone at the hotel getting us a ride to Sea World. Not free of course, but they will arrange for you to get there and back if you ask them.

Enjoy, we'll be at Disney in November.

--------------------
~Eddie
2007 - London & Paris
2008 - Walt Disney World
2009 - Carnival Cruise || Western Caribbean
2010 - Nassau Bahamas || Paradise Island
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:43 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.