Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Photo Album Release
post Aug 1 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #41

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Shaun - we actually use the AOL software to sign on (i.e., we don't sign onto IE and then get into AOL.com), but I do believe that AOL uses IE for its access. According to System Information in AOL, Web Browser(s) noted are : Microsoft IE Build 7.0.5730.11, and secondarily, Netscape 8.03.4 The Operating System is XP Media Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2. When I tried to enter the new photo upload system, something showed up and went away very quickly on the TravelPod screen that started with "ActiveX", but it was gone too quickly for me to read what it said. Am also running Norton Internet Security (and AOL has its own built-in security system, which can be a challenge, as well). The hassle of adjusting too many security settings may not be worth it to me - now that I'm once again able to upload photos using the old system.

Okay it sounds like you are using Internet Explorer and a recent version so the photo uploader should work for you. I believe the issue is a security one for you. When you goto the upload page you should see a bar across the top (called the information bar in IE: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/w...2_infobar.mspx). You should be able to right click on this and select Install ActiveX plugin (may not be the exact wording). If you are not seeing this then you norton security settings are too high. Try following the steps on this site to allow norton to run activex plugins: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...c=beta_feedback.

If this doesn't solve it you may have to play with AOL security settings to enable activex. If that doesn't work you can try a non-IE browser like Netscape or Firefox. This will run the Java version of the software and most browsers allow Java applets to run no problem. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 1 2007, 09:01 AM
Post #42

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(kimberish @ Jul 31 2007, 11:58 PM) *

Wow, wow, wow! Love it! It's so much easier to add lots of photos and label them in one go - and the upload of the photos seems to be tons faster too!!!!! Thanks for an upgrade I didn't even realize I wanted!

I've been taking several shorter trips - about two months; I'd basically given up on uploading the photos while traveling, and would wait to get home to do it all. With short amounts of time at a library computer or elsewhere, it was too much to update my travelogue, keep up on my emails, AND upload photos. But now it is so much easier and faster, I expect to upload photos on the road - which is far better for keeping friends up-to-date.

One caveat so far, it's caused my browser to freeze on several occasions (3-4 times - over several entries I've been adding photos too). I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP. It is still faster than the old system, but it doesn't seem too stable. Haven't had a chance to try it with Internet Explorer yet.

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear that you like the new uploader! Sorry to hear that it is crashing on you, I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP as well and have yet to experience a crash. I would recommend that you ensure that you have the latest version of Java on your machine (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp). If that doesn't clear things up try using Internet Explorer. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pykesonthego
post Aug 1 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #43

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 75675

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Aug 1 2007, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 07:28 PM) *

Shaun - we actually use the AOL software to sign on (i.e., we don't sign onto IE and then get into AOL.com), but I do believe that AOL uses IE for its access. According to System Information in AOL, Web Browser(s) noted are : Microsoft IE Build 7.0.5730.11, and secondarily, Netscape 8.03.4 The Operating System is XP Media Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2. When I tried to enter the new photo upload system, something showed up and went away very quickly on the TravelPod screen that started with "ActiveX", but it was gone too quickly for me to read what it said. Am also running Norton Internet Security (and AOL has its own built-in security system, which can be a challenge, as well). The hassle of adjusting too many security settings may not be worth it to me - now that I'm once again able to upload photos using the old system.

Okay it sounds like you are using Internet Explorer and a recent version so the photo uploader should work for you. I believe the issue is a security one for you. When you goto the upload page you should see a bar across the top (called the information bar in IE: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/w...2_infobar.mspx). You should be able to right click on this and select Install ActiveX plugin (may not be the exact wording). If you are not seeing this then you norton security settings are too high. Try following the steps on this site to allow norton to run activex plugins: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...c=beta_feedback.

If this doesn't solve it you may have to play with AOL security settings to enable activex. If that doesn't work you can try a non-IE browser like Netscape or Firefox. This will run the Java version of the software and most browsers allow Java applets to run no problem. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shaun

Try following the steps on this site to allow norton to run activex plugins: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...c=beta_feedback.

Shaun - Thanks - that pretty much did it! The slider actually WAS set on default/Medium, but there was one other setting option under that tab that remained on High until I did a custom reset to Medium. Just went to the new upload page and uploaded 2 pictures as easily as can be - it's SOO quick and easy, I can't believe it! I think you may have helped me resolve some other ActiveX Issues I've been dealing with, too, so THANKS A BUNCH! flowers.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 1 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #44

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Aug 1 2007, 12:05 PM) *

Shaun - Thanks - that pretty much did it! The slider actually WAS set on default/Medium, but there was one other setting option under that tab that remained on High until I did a custom reset to Medium. Just went to the new upload page and uploaded 2 pictures as easily as can be - it's SOO quick and easy, I can't believe it! I think you may have helped me resolve some other ActiveX Issues I've been dealing with, too, so THANKS A BUNCH! flowers.png

Awesome, great to hear! When using the new uploader the order that you add images to the upload pane will be the order that the images appear in your photo album. The one caveat is that if you upload say 10 pictures at a time, the most recent set of 10 pictures will appear at the start of your album (in the order you selected them for upload of course). If for instance you wanted one of the images from the most recent upload to appear at the end of your album you would have to use the Sort page to drag and drop that image to the end of the album. The easiest scenario is to upload all your images at once, then you can be assured of the correct order. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kimberish
post Aug 1 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 106

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Aug 2 2007, 03:01 AM) *

QUOTE(kimberish @ Jul 31 2007, 11:58 PM) *

Wow, wow, wow! Love it! It's so much easier to add lots of photos and label them in one go - and the upload of the photos seems to be tons faster too!!!!! Thanks for an upgrade I didn't even realize I wanted!

I've been taking several shorter trips - about two months; I'd basically given up on uploading the photos while traveling, and would wait to get home to do it all. With short amounts of time at a library computer or elsewhere, it was too much to update my travelogue, keep up on my emails, AND upload photos. But now it is so much easier and faster, I expect to upload photos on the road - which is far better for keeping friends up-to-date.

One caveat so far, it's caused my browser to freeze on several occasions (3-4 times - over several entries I've been adding photos too). I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP. It is still faster than the old system, but it doesn't seem too stable. Haven't had a chance to try it with Internet Explorer yet.

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear that you like the new uploader! Sorry to hear that it is crashing on you, I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP as well and have yet to experience a crash. I would recommend that you ensure that you have the latest version of Java on your machine (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp). If that doesn't clear things up try using Internet Explorer. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shaun

Thanks, I've upgroaded using the link you provided. Hopefully this will make it more stable. I really am excited about the new uploader!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rheingold
post Aug 7 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 55826

I'm trying to use Camino and it won't work with Camino either!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 7 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #47

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 7 2007, 02:40 PM) *

What version of MAC OSX are you running and what version of Camino are you trying? It should work with Safari and Firefox on MAC, although some buggy behaviour has been reported with newer versions of Safari (beta 3) and Firefox (2.0.0.5).

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
radsolv
post Aug 8 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #48

Globetrotter

Member No.: 95

Just got a pop up advising me that Firefox 2.0.0.6 was available for download and installation. Only took a few seconds. However I haven't tried again to upload photos but other Firefox users might be interested.

Art Rom...

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rheingold
post Aug 9 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 7 2007, 01:40 PM) *

I am using OSX version 10.4.10 and Camino version 1.0.4. Basically, everytime I try to load all the photos, my web browser crashes.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rdaca
post Aug 12 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 71295

an option to append subsequent uploads to the bottom would be helpful. save having to sort to get back into chronological order.

Rod
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 15 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #51

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 9 2007, 01:34 AM) *

I am using OSX version 10.4.10 and Camino version 1.0.4. Basically, everytime I try to load all the photos, my web browser crashes.

I will have to try and replicate this behaviour. By loading photos do you mean adding them? I.e. selecting a group of images and then clicking "Add"? How many photos are you trying to add? Have you tried with Safari and if so do you get the same behaviour. If you do you may need to ensure that your Java version is up-to-date.

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 15 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #52

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(rdaca @ Aug 12 2007, 08:23 AM) *

an option to append subsequent uploads to the bottom would be helpful. save having to sort to get back into chronological order.

Rod

Thanks for the feedback, Rod. Look for this feature in the uploader in the next couple of days.

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 17 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #53

Group:
Member No.:

We've added a few new features to the uploader. We now allow uploads to be placed at the end of the album, we hope this results in less after-the-fact sorting. Also we've added a FAQ for the uploader, this should help with some of the more basic questions you may have. We have also added a new video conversion feature. All your new videos are converted to FLV for fast download and viewing. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robertbeddow
post Aug 23 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #54

Drifter

Member No.: 2322

Hey Shaun,

The uploader is fantastic, but just a couple of features I'd like to see - a photo crop feature, and higher rotation granularity, i.e. by degree? If this could be implemented before the file downsize that would be better too.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rheingold
post Aug 23 2007, 06:07 AM
Post #55

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Aug 7 2007, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 7 2007, 02:40 PM) *

What version of MAC OSX are you running and what version of Camino are you trying? It should work with Safari and Firefox on MAC, although some buggy behaviour has been reported with newer versions of Safari (beta 3) and Firefox (2.0.0.5).

Regards,
Shaun

I'm using the latest version of OSX but not sure what version of Camino (not at my laptop). I'll try it with Firefox. I can say that it takes about 5 minutes to upload 5 photos from the NEW uploader. If I select "upload all" then my Camino browser crashes.
Thanks!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 23 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #56

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 23 2007, 07:07 AM) *

I'm using the latest version of OSX but not sure what version of Camino (not at my laptop). I'll try it with Firefox. I can say that it takes about 5 minutes to upload 5 photos from the NEW uploader. If I select "upload all" then my Camino browser crashes.
Thanks!

Do you mean when you click "Add all" the browser crashes? Or does it crash when you click "Upload Photos, Videos, and MP3s"? Another question do you keep your machine up-to-date with the Software Update? I will try and replicate this on a MAC and see if there is a solution.

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Aug 23 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #57

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(robertbeddow @ Aug 23 2007, 05:32 AM) *

Hey Shaun,

The uploader is fantastic, but just a couple of features I'd like to see - a photo crop feature, and higher rotation granularity, i.e. by degree? If this could be implemented before the file downsize that would be better too.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll take these features into consideration.

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
peacefrog
post Aug 23 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #58

Pathfinder

Member No.: 581

In the mean time you san use microsoft office picture manager, it is just perfect for gradual rotating and cropping.

--------------------
A day back around the world

« Sans curiosité on meurt et sans courage on ne vit pas. »
[ Hugo Pratt ]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
robertbeddow
post Aug 27 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #59

Drifter

Member No.: 2322

QUOTE(peacefrog @ Aug 23 2007, 10:52 AM) *

In the mean time you san use microsoft office picture manager, it is just perfect for gradual rotating and cropping.

I know, but the reason the travelpod tool needs to be as online and without downloads as possible, is that I've found that many internet cafes have virtually no software installed on their PC, or don't allow you to access anything except IE, and also prevent any downloads at all. Otherwise I would happily use irfanview or picassa or whatever.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
rheingold
post Aug 27 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #60

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Aug 23 2007, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(rheingold @ Aug 23 2007, 07:07 AM) *

Thanks!

Do you mean when you click "Add all" the browser crashes? Or does it crash when you click "Upload Photos, Videos, and MP3s"? Another question do you keep your machine up-to-date with the Software Update? I will try and replicate this on a MAC and see if there is a solution.

Cheers,
Shaun

Browser crashes (freezes) when I click "add all". This happens in Firefox, Camino, and Safari. Of the three, Safari seems to work best with the new upload feature on Travelpod. Although, if I break it up and load 5-8 photos at a time, then any of the three programs seems to have no problem when I click "add all." However, even Safari crashes when I type "add all" or maybe it is just taking an exceptionally long time to add all the photos (>15 min). I do keep my software programs up to date. Thanks! Jamie
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:41 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.