Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Photo Album Release
judyrickatson
post Jul 27 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 69804
Nominate me as a Local Expert

ranting2.gif As a new user I spent HOURS last week uploading over 40 photos, only to discover I had to number them to get them in the right order.

Now I find, having carefully numbered my latest upload, that I NOW have to drag and drop them into place even though I used the old upload system because I couldn't get the new one to work.

Personally I find it easier to number them. Dragging and dropping is cumbersome and not easy to co-ordinate. Can we not keep numbering as an option?
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 27 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #22

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(judyrickatson @ Jul 27 2007, 09:07 AM) *

ranting2.gif As a new user I spent HOURS last week uploading over 40 photos, only to discover I had to number them to get them in the right order.

Now I find, having carefully numbered my latest upload, that I NOW have to drag and drop them into place even though I used the old upload system because I couldn't get the new one to work.

Personally I find it easier to number them. Dragging and dropping is cumbersome and not easy to co-ordinate. Can we not keep numbering as an option?

Hi Judy,

Sorry to hear the new uploader does not work for you. It really is the best way to handle uploads as the order you select the files will be the order they appear in your photo album. I'd like to help you use it, so if you could provide me the browser type and version, operating system (windows, mac, etc) and version (windows 95, 2000, XP, etc) and a brief description of what happened I could try and troubleshoot your problem.

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
judyrickatson
post Jul 27 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 69804

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Jul 27 2007, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(judyrickatson @ Jul 27 2007, 09:07 AM) *

Hi Judy,

Sorry to hear the new uploader does not work for you. It really is the best way to handle uploads as the order you select the files will be the order they appear in your photo album. I'd like to help you use it, so if you could provide me the browser type and version, operating system (windows, mac, etc) and version (windows 95, 2000, XP, etc) and a brief description of what happened I could try and troubleshoot your problem.

Regards,
Shaun

Thanks Shaun for getting back to me. Sorry, but I had steam coming out my ears when I wrote originally, LOL.

I did finally figure out how to install the new uploader. To be honest the text on the link was so small I missed it first time. I do think it would have been a good idea to make such an important change a bit more prominent on the page. However, now I've finally got it working, it is quite straightforward and it does upload a lot quicker. Thanks. flowers.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 27 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #24

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(judyrickatson @ Jul 27 2007, 02:31 PM) *

Thanks Shaun for getting back to me. Sorry, but I had steam coming out my ears when I wrote originally, LOL.

I did finally figure out how to install the new uploader. To be honest the text on the link was so small I missed it first time. I do think it would have been a good idea to make such an important change a bit more prominent on the page. However, now I've finally got it working, it is quite straightforward and it does upload a lot quicker. Thanks. flowers.png

No problem, that's why we have the emoticons! smile.gif Glad to hear that you are using the new uploader and it is working for you. I agree the text is a little small on the upload page, so I've increased the size.

Were there any confusing steps when installing the uploader?

Cheers,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kitkatgo
post Jul 27 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #25

Navigator

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 13816

Wow, just used the new photo uploader! What a great improvement! Thanks!!!!

I'm sure there will be bugs to be worked out, but so far I love it. flowers.png

--------------------
~Kit
California Local Expert

Visit my travel blogs:
http://www.travelpod.com/members/kitkatgo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
henrik.caesar
post Jul 28 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #26

Wanderer

Member No.: 35268

Hi

Same problem happened again. I was selecting pictures when all of a sudden when I clicked add nothing happened. So I named the pics and hit upload, but when that was done no photos was in the album. Using Safari 3.0.2 and Mac OS X 10.4.10. Hope that helps.

Henrik

--------------------
Life is a ride, ride hard

Adventures in Australia 2006/2007
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lynda.30
post Jul 29 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 12976

I can't get it to work!
Is there any problems?
I click to download but it takes ages then nothing.
Arrrgghh.....
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ronnied
post Jul 29 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #28

Wanderer

Member No.: 11453

Great and so much easier to use and quicker too - thanks for all your hard work guys and gals

hug.gif drinks.gif

gora.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 29 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #29

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(lynda.30 @ Jul 29 2007, 09:00 AM) *

I can't get it to work!
Is there any problems?
Arrrgghh.....

Hi Linda,

What browser are you using? What version of Windows or MAC?

Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lynda.30
post Jul 30 2007, 01:50 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Jul 29 2007, 12:13 PM) *

I can't get it to work!
Is there any problems?
Arrrgghh.....

Hi Linda,

Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lynda.30
post Jul 30 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #31

Oh I am a technoretard.
I have Windows XP.
Is that what you needed to know?

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Jul 29 2007, 12:13 PM) *

I can't get it to work!
Is there any problems?
Arrrgghh.....

Hi Linda,

Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
hober
post Jul 30 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 40475

Hi Shaun,

I uploaded 164 photos and their order is all wrong, mostly backwards. When I put them on I used the old numbering system. Is there anyway to add a sorting option system to sort by recently uploaded or title? To flip 164 photos around by drag and drop is gonna take me forever and they were sorted chronologically to go with my journal entry....

Thanks in advance
Ben
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 30 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #33

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(hober @ Jul 30 2007, 09:06 AM) *

Hi Shaun,

I uploaded 164 photos and their order is all wrong, mostly backwards. When I put them on I used the old numbering system. Is there anyway to add a sorting option system to sort by recently uploaded or title? To flip 164 photos around by drag and drop is gonna take me forever and they were sorted chronologically to go with my journal entry....

Thanks in advance
Ben

Hi Ben,

Did you upload all the images at once? Or in batches?

Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 30 2007, 08:32 AM
Post #34

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(lynda.30 @ Jul 30 2007, 02:51 AM) *

Oh I am a technoretard.
I have Windows XP.
Is that what you needed to know?

What internet browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, etc. Also what version are you running. You can get the version by "About <name of browser>" from the Help File menu.

Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pykesonthego
post Jul 31 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #35

Wanderer

Member No.: 75675

As an AOL user, I was not surprised when I could not get the new uploader to work, as AOL often provides challenges in these areas. I managed to upload 5 photos by using the old photo uploader, but now I can't get back into the old uploader to add more photos! When I click on the "Photo Album" for the entry, it brings me to a new "Edit" page, which would let me edit the photos I've already uploaded, but does not offer an "Add More Photos to this Album" option. I see the word "upload" at the top, but it does not appear to be a link of any kind.
All your other recent updates to the system have been wonderful additions, making the whole process so easy for us TravelPodders! Thank You!
PykesontheGo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 31 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #36

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 02:41 PM) *

As an AOL user, I was not surprised when I could not get the new uploader to work, as AOL often provides challenges in these areas. I managed to upload 5 photos by using the old photo uploader, but now I can't get back into the old uploader to add more photos! When I click on the "Photo Album" for the entry, it brings me to a new "Edit" page, which would let me edit the photos I've already uploaded, but does not offer an "Add More Photos to this Album" option. I see the word "upload" at the top, but it does not appear to be a link of any kind.
All your other recent updates to the system have been wonderful additions, making the whole process so easy for us TravelPodders! Thank You!
PykesontheGo

Thanks for the feedback. The upload button is a link to upload more photos. It may not appear as a link (no link icon when your mouse is over it) due to your AOL browser. Go ahead and click it though and you should be brought to the upload page. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pykesonthego
post Jul 31 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #37

Wanderer

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Jul 31 2007, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 02:41 PM) *

PykesontheGo

Thanks for the feedback. The upload button is a link to upload more photos. It may not appear as a link (no link icon when your mouse is over it) due to your AOL browser. Go ahead and click it though and you should be brought to the upload page. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shaun

Thanks, Shaun - you're right flowers.png (but I think it's now appearing as a "button"/link, anyhow) - you're pretty quick on getting this stuff done, aren't you? At any rate, I did manage to get back into the Old Uploader to upload more photos. Any hints on how to get the new one to work (it's pretty much just a blank page with non-selectable "upload" botton), or should I just be happy with the much faster uploading in the old uploader?
unsure.gif BTW (and probably should be in another topic)...it doesn't seem right that we've traveled "0% of the world" after after putting about 40,000 miles on our motorhome and car (separately) in North America as reported in our last year and a half's TravelPods! Don't we land-locked travelers deserve some credit for our travels? flowers.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Jul 31 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #38

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 04:08 PM) *

Thanks, Shaun - you're right flowers.png (but I think it's now appearing as a "button"/link, anyhow) - you're pretty quick on getting this stuff done, aren't you? At any rate, I did manage to get back into the Old Uploader to upload more photos. Any hints on how to get the new one to work (it's pretty much just a blank page with non-selectable "upload" botton), or should I just be happy with the much faster uploading in the old uploader?
unsure.gif BTW (and probably should be in another topic)...it doesn't seem right that we've traveled "0% of the world" after after putting about 40,000 miles on our motorhome and car (separately) in North America as reported in our last year and a half's TravelPods! Don't we land-locked travelers deserve some credit for our travels? flowers.png

No problem. What browser are you using and what version? Netscape? Firefox? IE? Also providing me the operating system would be great. If you are using IE with AOL you might have to change some security settings to allow running ActiveX programs.

Regards,
Shaun
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pykesonthego
post Jul 31 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #39

Wanderer

QUOTE(Shaun McQuaker @ Jul 31 2007, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(pykesonthego @ Jul 31 2007, 04:08 PM) *

No problem. What browser are you using and what version? Netscape? Firefox? IE? Also providing me the operating system would be great. If you are using IE with AOL you might have to change some security settings to allow running ActiveX programs.

Regards,
Shaun

Shaun - we actually use the AOL software to sign on (i.e., we don't sign onto IE and then get into AOL.com), but I do believe that AOL uses IE for its access. According to System Information in AOL, Web Browser(s) noted are : Microsoft IE Build 7.0.5730.11, and secondarily, Netscape 8.03.4 The Operating System is XP Media Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2. When I tried to enter the new photo upload system, something showed up and went away very quickly on the TravelPod screen that started with "ActiveX", but it was gone too quickly for me to read what it said. Am also running Norton Internet Security (and AOL has its own built-in security system, which can be a challenge, as well). The hassle of adjusting too many security settings may not be worth it to me - now that I'm once again able to upload photos using the old system.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
kimberish
post Jul 31 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 106

Wow, wow, wow! Love it! It's so much easier to add lots of photos and label them in one go - and the upload of the photos seems to be tons faster too!!!!! Thanks for an upgrade I didn't even realize I wanted!

I've been taking several shorter trips - about two months; I'd basically given up on uploading the photos while traveling, and would wait to get home to do it all. With short amounts of time at a library computer or elsewhere, it was too much to update my travelogue, keep up on my emails, AND upload photos. But now it is so much easier and faster, I expect to upload photos on the road - which is far better for keeping friends up-to-date.

One caveat so far, it's caused my browser to freeze on several occasions (3-4 times - over several entries I've been adding photos too). I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Windows XP. It is still faster than the old system, but it doesn't seem too stable. Haven't had a chance to try it with Internet Explorer yet.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 07:07 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.