Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visit an Orphanage in Cambodia
danstravelworld
post Nov 4 2009, 05:25 AM
Post #1

Voyager

Group: Members
Member No.: 104714
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hiya, if you're passing through Siem Reap to visit Angkor, drop me a line. Working at an orphanage for a while near Siem Reap. Doesn't cost anything, just some of your time to help. It's a great place and the kids love the interaction. They sleep out in the open and live fairly primitively, so if you do want to take something let me know first and I'll update the current wishlist (mainly fruit, veg, rice, mossie nets and such like).

Dan
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Nov 6 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Finally! A volunteer place that is actually free!

I know that Paula (travelmonster) is looking for something like this.

Thanks for posting it.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
youngatheart
post Jan 19 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1643341

[I am hoping you are still around..but would appreciate if you could tell me the name of the orphanage you are referring to...I am interested in volunteering while I travel later in the year...also ..you might have an opinion....Is the weather from June to September really unbearable in Cambodia??quote name='danstravelworld' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:25 AM' post='202561']
Hiya, if you're passing through Siem Reap to visit Angkor, drop me a line. Working at an orphanage for a while near Siem Reap. Doesn't cost anything, just some of your time to help. It's a great place and the kids love the interaction. They sleep out in the open and live fairly primitively, so if you do want to take something let me know first and I'll update the current wishlist (mainly fruit, veg, rice, mossie nets and such like).

Dan
[/quote]
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Jan 20 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Voyager

[quote name='youngatheart' date='Jan 19 2011, 06:09 PM' post='496141']
[I am hoping you are still around..but would appreciate if you could tell me the name of the orphanage you are referring to...I am interested in volunteering while I travel later in the year...also ..you might have an opinion....Is the weather from June to September really unbearable in Cambodia??quote name='danstravelworld' date='Nov 4 2009, 05:25 AM' post='202561']

Dan
[/quote]
[/quote]

www.honourvillagecambodia.org is the one (not the one referred to originally)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jo_in_thailand
post Mar 20 2011, 04:58 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 440201

QUOTE(danstravelworld @ Nov 4 2009, 05:25 AM) *

Dan

hi Dan I will be over in may and I'd be keen if yr still there?

Jo
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Mar 22 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Voyager

QUOTE(jo_in_thailand @ Mar 20 2011, 04:58 AM) *

QUOTE(danstravelworld @ Nov 4 2009, 05:25 AM) *

Dan

hi Dan I will be over in may and I'd be keen if yr still there?

Jo

Yup, just go through the website www.honourvillagecambodia.org
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fostie
post Mar 22 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1831471

Hey Dan,

I am heading to Cambodia at the end of June and will be there for 3 months. Do you have any idea what the weather is like then?

I am volunteering at an English teaching school and am travelling on my own, any tips you may have as an experienced traveller would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Clare
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Apr 25 2011, 07:53 AM
Post #8

Voyager

QUOTE(fostie @ Mar 22 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Hey Dan,

I am heading to Cambodia at the end of June and will be there for 3 months. Do you have any idea what the weather is like then?

I am volunteering at an English teaching school and am travelling on my own, any tips you may have as an experienced traveller would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Clare

Yep - wet & hot! Quiet time of year though in the touristy locations so it has it's pro's. Happy to help if you want to drop me a message - only just noticed this.

Best
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 05:11 AM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.